Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features biology major, Sara Perrone. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Perrone’s nominators says she is the student who can do it all.
“I learned from her that you really can do it all if you have excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills,” said Vaughan.
She is the Student Government Association (SGA) vice president of operations and a member of the Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
Perrone has a calm demeanor, is always there to help students and is extremely caring. She has been on the Teddi Dance for Love committee all four years at Fisher. If you ask her about her community service efforts, she wouldn’t include Teddi in her answer because she doesn’t consider the event community service—it’s one of her passions.
Perrone is enthusiastic about Fisher, her studies and her extracurricular activities. She is “an advocate and resource for students,” said Rodgers. She has been a peer advisor for two years, an orientation coordinator, and is a biology department mentor.
After graduating from Fisher, Perrone will be heading to the School of Dental Medicine at the University at Buffalo. Both Vaughan and Rodgers believe in five years, she will be opening her own dental practice.
Best of luck to you, Sara!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes