Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features biology major, Sara Perrone. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Perrone’s nominators says she is the student who can do it all.
“I learned from her that you really can do it all if you have excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills,” said Vaughan.
She is the Student Government Association (SGA) vice president of operations and a member of the Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
Perrone has a calm demeanor, is always there to help students and is extremely caring. She has been on the Teddi Dance for Love committee all four years at Fisher. If you ask her about her community service efforts, she wouldn’t include Teddi in her answer because she doesn’t consider the event community service—it’s one of her passions.
Perrone is enthusiastic about Fisher, her studies and her extracurricular activities. She is “an advocate and resource for students,” said Rodgers. She has been a peer advisor for two years, an orientation coordinator, and is a biology department mentor.
After graduating from Fisher, Perrone will be heading to the School of Dental Medicine at the University at Buffalo. Both Vaughan and Rodgers believe in five years, she will be opening her own dental practice.
Best of luck to you, Sara!
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference