Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features biology major, Sara Perrone. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Perrone’s nominators says she is the student who can do it all.
“I learned from her that you really can do it all if you have excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills,” said Vaughan.
She is the Student Government Association (SGA) vice president of operations and a member of the Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
Perrone has a calm demeanor, is always there to help students and is extremely caring. She has been on the Teddi Dance for Love committee all four years at Fisher. If you ask her about her community service efforts, she wouldn’t include Teddi in her answer because she doesn’t consider the event community service—it’s one of her passions.
Perrone is enthusiastic about Fisher, her studies and her extracurricular activities. She is “an advocate and resource for students,” said Rodgers. She has been a peer advisor for two years, an orientation coordinator, and is a biology department mentor.
After graduating from Fisher, Perrone will be heading to the School of Dental Medicine at the University at Buffalo. Both Vaughan and Rodgers believe in five years, she will be opening her own dental practice.
Best of luck to you, Sara!
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher