Rocking the Vote
They came, they ate, and they registered to vote. About 40 St. John Fisher College students attended the “Rock the Vote” event on Tuesday, October 2, in the Campus Center. Even Uncle Sam was there.
The event, organized by Student Activities Board Spotlight Coordinator Mark Prunella-Miller, was aimed at educating students about why their vote is important. Life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto was on hand to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto shared insightful statistics about voting and the millennial generation, and encouraged students to pay attention, learn about the issues, and vote.
The College’s new Young Voters Club held voter registration throughout the event.
Students lined up at voter registration table.
John Germain Leto addresses the students.
Latest College News Stories
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Football Marches on in NCAAs with Win Over Hobart
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum
- Mammano to be Honored as Citizen of the Year