Rocking the Vote
They came, they ate, and they registered to vote. About 40 St. John Fisher College students attended the “Rock the Vote” event on Tuesday, October 2, in the Campus Center. Even Uncle Sam was there.
The event, organized by Student Activities Board Spotlight Coordinator Mark Prunella-Miller, was aimed at educating students about why their vote is important. Life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto was on hand to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto shared insightful statistics about voting and the millennial generation, and encouraged students to pay attention, learn about the issues, and vote.
The College’s new Young Voters Club held voter registration throughout the event.
Students lined up at voter registration table.
John Germain Leto addresses the students.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members