Rocking the Vote
They came, they ate, and they registered to vote. About 40 St. John Fisher College students attended the “Rock the Vote” event on Tuesday, October 2, in the Campus Center. Even Uncle Sam was there.
The event, organized by Student Activities Board Spotlight Coordinator Mark Prunella-Miller, was aimed at educating students about why their vote is important. Life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto was on hand to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto shared insightful statistics about voting and the millennial generation, and encouraged students to pay attention, learn about the issues, and vote.
The College’s new Young Voters Club held voter registration throughout the event.
Students lined up at voter registration table.
John Germain Leto addresses the students.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards