Rocking the Vote
They came, they ate, and they registered to vote. About 40 St. John Fisher College students attended the “Rock the Vote” event on Tuesday, October 2, in the Campus Center. Even Uncle Sam was there.
The event, organized by Student Activities Board Spotlight Coordinator Mark Prunella-Miller, was aimed at educating students about why their vote is important. Life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto was on hand to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto shared insightful statistics about voting and the millennial generation, and encouraged students to pay attention, learn about the issues, and vote.
The College’s new Young Voters Club held voter registration throughout the event.
Students lined up at voter registration table.
John Germain Leto addresses the students.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International