Rocking the Vote
They came, they ate, and they registered to vote. About 40 St. John Fisher College students attended the “Rock the Vote” event on Tuesday, October 2, in the Campus Center. Even Uncle Sam was there.
The event, organized by Student Activities Board Spotlight Coordinator Mark Prunella-Miller, was aimed at educating students about why their vote is important. Life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto was on hand to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto shared insightful statistics about voting and the millennial generation, and encouraged students to pay attention, learn about the issues, and vote.
The College’s new Young Voters Club held voter registration throughout the event.
Students lined up at voter registration table.
John Germain Leto addresses the students.
Latest College News Stories
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff