And the Winning Door is…
After a fierce competition among departments, along with individual faculty and staff members, the St. John Fisher College 2011 Door Decorating Contest winners were determined earlier this week.
Over 30 doors throughout campus were decorated for the holidays, and each was judged on creativity and the best expression of holiday spirit. A photo of each door was also posted on the College’s Facebook page, and Facebook followers voted for their favorite.
After tallying up all of the votes, the Financial Aid Office took the department prize for their elaborate gingerbread house, complete with candy cane pole, winning a department lunch courtesy of Lackmann Culinary Services. Dr. Ramil Sapinoro, professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, won the title of best individual door for his Starbucks-themed décor. He received a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Special thanks to Sally Vaughan and Mike Allington for serving as the judges this year!
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced