And the Winning Door is…
After a fierce competition among departments, along with individual faculty and staff members, the St. John Fisher College 2011 Door Decorating Contest winners were determined earlier this week.
Over 30 doors throughout campus were decorated for the holidays, and each was judged on creativity and the best expression of holiday spirit. A photo of each door was also posted on the College’s Facebook page, and Facebook followers voted for their favorite.
After tallying up all of the votes, the Financial Aid Office took the department prize for their elaborate gingerbread house, complete with candy cane pole, winning a department lunch courtesy of Lackmann Culinary Services. Dr. Ramil Sapinoro, professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, won the title of best individual door for his Starbucks-themed décor. He received a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Special thanks to Sally Vaughan and Mike Allington for serving as the judges this year!
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain