Senior Sport Management Students Attend Winter Baseball Meetings
Three soon-to-be graduates of the Sport Management program recently traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to attend the Winter Baseball Meetings, an annual gathering for Major and Minor League Baseball. Anthony Laurendi, Dan Lippa, and Dave Malerk were accompanied by Professor Scott Bryson and Professor Alan Pogroszewski.
During the four-day convention, the students had the opportunity to attend several events, including the Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities Job Fair. According to Bryson, Laurendi interviewed and was offered a position with the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Lippa and Malerk’s experience led each of them to numerous interviews as well.
The annual meeting includes representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations and more than 160 Minor League Baseball teams.
For a slideshow of images from the 2012 Winter Meetings Job Fair event, visit MiLB.com's photo galleries website.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International