Senior Sport Management Students Attend Winter Baseball Meetings
Three soon-to-be graduates of the Sport Management program recently traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to attend the Winter Baseball Meetings, an annual gathering for Major and Minor League Baseball. Anthony Laurendi, Dan Lippa, and Dave Malerk were accompanied by Professor Scott Bryson and Professor Alan Pogroszewski.
During the four-day convention, the students had the opportunity to attend several events, including the Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities Job Fair. According to Bryson, Laurendi interviewed and was offered a position with the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Lippa and Malerk’s experience led each of them to numerous interviews as well.
The annual meeting includes representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations and more than 160 Minor League Baseball teams.
For a slideshow of images from the 2012 Winter Meetings Job Fair event, visit MiLB.com's photo galleries website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems