Service-Learning Goes Social
Digital Cultures and Technologies students in Jeremy Sarachan’s Digital Media/Social Media service-learning course are organizing two fundraising events, relying solely on social media to drum up interest.
Both groups of students are working with GoPhilanthropic.org, and will raise money for M-Lisada Orphanage in Uganda, and children in Cambodia to provide them with bikes, blankets, and uniforms for school.
“Rock Out for Uganda” will take place on February 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, and is a BYOB event – Bring Your Own Band. Teams will compete in the event by playing video games Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. It’s just $4 for a team to participate, and the group will also sell raffle tickets for $1 to give participants a chance at a great prize. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
A dodgeball tournament will take place February 23, and is recruiting teams of five to compete. Registration is $15 for the team, and the tournament is open to all Fisher students, faculty, and staff, along with the general public. Teams are being asked to register and pay at the door. The tournament will be held in the Student Life Center Varsity Gym at 1:00 p.m.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards