Service-Learning Goes Social
Digital Cultures and Technologies students in Jeremy Sarachan’s Digital Media/Social Media service-learning course are organizing two fundraising events, relying solely on social media to drum up interest.
Both groups of students are working with GoPhilanthropic.org, and will raise money for M-Lisada Orphanage in Uganda, and children in Cambodia to provide them with bikes, blankets, and uniforms for school.
“Rock Out for Uganda” will take place on February 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, and is a BYOB event – Bring Your Own Band. Teams will compete in the event by playing video games Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. It’s just $4 for a team to participate, and the group will also sell raffle tickets for $1 to give participants a chance at a great prize. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
A dodgeball tournament will take place February 23, and is recruiting teams of five to compete. Registration is $15 for the team, and the tournament is open to all Fisher students, faculty, and staff, along with the general public. Teams are being asked to register and pay at the door. The tournament will be held in the Student Life Center Varsity Gym at 1:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair