Service-Learning Goes Social
Digital Cultures and Technologies students in Jeremy Sarachan’s Digital Media/Social Media service-learning course are organizing two fundraising events, relying solely on social media to drum up interest.
Both groups of students are working with GoPhilanthropic.org, and will raise money for M-Lisada Orphanage in Uganda, and children in Cambodia to provide them with bikes, blankets, and uniforms for school.
“Rock Out for Uganda” will take place on February 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, and is a BYOB event – Bring Your Own Band. Teams will compete in the event by playing video games Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. It’s just $4 for a team to participate, and the group will also sell raffle tickets for $1 to give participants a chance at a great prize. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
A dodgeball tournament will take place February 23, and is recruiting teams of five to compete. Registration is $15 for the team, and the tournament is open to all Fisher students, faculty, and staff, along with the general public. Teams are being asked to register and pay at the door. The tournament will be held in the Student Life Center Varsity Gym at 1:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins Liberty League for Rowing
- Lavigne Participates in Two Conferences
- Recent Grad Reaches Semi-Finals of Peace First Competition
- Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant from the New York Higher Education Services Corporation Grant
- University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men (UPREP) Holds Classes on Campus
- St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Hosts a “Rochester Irish Gathering”
- College of New Rochelle Ed.D. Cohort Treated to Inspirational Guest Speaker
- Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
- English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
- Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
- Fisher Takes on the 2013 Corporate Challenge
- School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner