Service-Learning Goes Social
Digital Cultures and Technologies students in Jeremy Sarachan’s Digital Media/Social Media service-learning course are organizing two fundraising events, relying solely on social media to drum up interest.
Both groups of students are working with GoPhilanthropic.org, and will raise money for M-Lisada Orphanage in Uganda, and children in Cambodia to provide them with bikes, blankets, and uniforms for school.
“Rock Out for Uganda” will take place on February 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, and is a BYOB event – Bring Your Own Band. Teams will compete in the event by playing video games Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. It’s just $4 for a team to participate, and the group will also sell raffle tickets for $1 to give participants a chance at a great prize. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
A dodgeball tournament will take place February 23, and is recruiting teams of five to compete. Registration is $15 for the team, and the tournament is open to all Fisher students, faculty, and staff, along with the general public. Teams are being asked to register and pay at the door. The tournament will be held in the Student Life Center Varsity Gym at 1:00 p.m.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel