Service-Learning Goes Social
Digital Cultures and Technologies students in Jeremy Sarachan’s Digital Media/Social Media service-learning course are organizing two fundraising events, relying solely on social media to drum up interest.
Both groups of students are working with GoPhilanthropic.org, and will raise money for M-Lisada Orphanage in Uganda, and children in Cambodia to provide them with bikes, blankets, and uniforms for school.
“Rock Out for Uganda” will take place on February 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage, and is a BYOB event – Bring Your Own Band. Teams will compete in the event by playing video games Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. It’s just $4 for a team to participate, and the group will also sell raffle tickets for $1 to give participants a chance at a great prize. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
A dodgeball tournament will take place February 23, and is recruiting teams of five to compete. Registration is $15 for the team, and the tournament is open to all Fisher students, faculty, and staff, along with the general public. Teams are being asked to register and pay at the door. The tournament will be held in the Student Life Center Varsity Gym at 1:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain