Fisher Alumna at ABC News
Recent grad Ciera Carhart ’12, a Communication/Journalism major, was an intern last summer at ABC News as a part of their Longform Documentary Unit under Executive Producer Terry Wrong. Her role was to log tapes of the 4,000 hours of footage shot by the team inside New York Presbyterian Hospitals for the new series NYMED, an eight-part series inside New York City’s top hospitals.
Ciera was called a month ago to rejoin the crew as an associate producer to prepare for the premiere of NYMED on July 10 at 10/9c. She has been responsible for sending press materials out to critics across the country and helping to coordinate special screenings for both critics and members of New York Presbyterian's public affairs team. She also has been maintaining the show’s social media campaign (@NYMEDABC), as well as creating content for the show’s website—such as bios of doctors, nurses, and patients; and photos and videos of extra scenes.
While at Fisher, Ciera took three video production courses from Dr. Todd Sodano, as well as an independent study in the field. In addition to her internship at ABC News, she also interned at George Eastman House and Electronic Field Productions.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study