Fisher Alumna at ABC News
Recent grad Ciera Carhart ’12, a Communication/Journalism major, was an intern last summer at ABC News as a part of their Longform Documentary Unit under Executive Producer Terry Wrong. Her role was to log tapes of the 4,000 hours of footage shot by the team inside New York Presbyterian Hospitals for the new series NYMED, an eight-part series inside New York City’s top hospitals.
Ciera was called a month ago to rejoin the crew as an associate producer to prepare for the premiere of NYMED on July 10 at 10/9c. She has been responsible for sending press materials out to critics across the country and helping to coordinate special screenings for both critics and members of New York Presbyterian's public affairs team. She also has been maintaining the show’s social media campaign (@NYMEDABC), as well as creating content for the show’s website—such as bios of doctors, nurses, and patients; and photos and videos of extra scenes.
While at Fisher, Ciera took three video production courses from Dr. Todd Sodano, as well as an independent study in the field. In addition to her internship at ABC News, she also interned at George Eastman House and Electronic Field Productions.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference