Fisher Alumna at ABC News
Recent grad Ciera Carhart ’12, a Communication/Journalism major, was an intern last summer at ABC News as a part of their Longform Documentary Unit under Executive Producer Terry Wrong. Her role was to log tapes of the 4,000 hours of footage shot by the team inside New York Presbyterian Hospitals for the new series NYMED, an eight-part series inside New York City’s top hospitals.
Ciera was called a month ago to rejoin the crew as an associate producer to prepare for the premiere of NYMED on July 10 at 10/9c. She has been responsible for sending press materials out to critics across the country and helping to coordinate special screenings for both critics and members of New York Presbyterian's public affairs team. She also has been maintaining the show’s social media campaign (@NYMEDABC), as well as creating content for the show’s website—such as bios of doctors, nurses, and patients; and photos and videos of extra scenes.
While at Fisher, Ciera took three video production courses from Dr. Todd Sodano, as well as an independent study in the field. In addition to her internship at ABC News, she also interned at George Eastman House and Electronic Field Productions.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine