Fisher Alumna at ABC News
Recent grad Ciera Carhart ’12, a Communication/Journalism major, was an intern last summer at ABC News as a part of their Longform Documentary Unit under Executive Producer Terry Wrong. Her role was to log tapes of the 4,000 hours of footage shot by the team inside New York Presbyterian Hospitals for the new series NYMED, an eight-part series inside New York City’s top hospitals.
Ciera was called a month ago to rejoin the crew as an associate producer to prepare for the premiere of NYMED on July 10 at 10/9c. She has been responsible for sending press materials out to critics across the country and helping to coordinate special screenings for both critics and members of New York Presbyterian's public affairs team. She also has been maintaining the show’s social media campaign (@NYMEDABC), as well as creating content for the show’s website—such as bios of doctors, nurses, and patients; and photos and videos of extra scenes.
While at Fisher, Ciera took three video production courses from Dr. Todd Sodano, as well as an independent study in the field. In addition to her internship at ABC News, she also interned at George Eastman House and Electronic Field Productions.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes