Fisher Alumna at ABC News
Recent grad Ciera Carhart ’12, a Communication/Journalism major, was an intern last summer at ABC News as a part of their Longform Documentary Unit under Executive Producer Terry Wrong. Her role was to log tapes of the 4,000 hours of footage shot by the team inside New York Presbyterian Hospitals for the new series NYMED, an eight-part series inside New York City’s top hospitals.
Ciera was called a month ago to rejoin the crew as an associate producer to prepare for the premiere of NYMED on July 10 at 10/9c. She has been responsible for sending press materials out to critics across the country and helping to coordinate special screenings for both critics and members of New York Presbyterian's public affairs team. She also has been maintaining the show’s social media campaign (@NYMEDABC), as well as creating content for the show’s website—such as bios of doctors, nurses, and patients; and photos and videos of extra scenes.
While at Fisher, Ciera took three video production courses from Dr. Todd Sodano, as well as an independent study in the field. In addition to her internship at ABC News, she also interned at George Eastman House and Electronic Field Productions.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History