Diogenes Club Hosts Speakers in the Humanities Event
On Monday, April 11, St. John Fisher College's Diogenes Club will host "What Is The Meaning of Human Life," featuring keynote speaker Dr. Raymond Angelo Belliotti, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Fredonia. The talk will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel at 2:30 p.m.
Belliotti is an award-winning speaker, and author of several books, including Stalking Nietzsche (1998); What is the Meaning of Human Life? (2001); and The Philosophy of Baseball (2006). Last year, he spoke at the College on the topic of his latest book, Watching Baseball, Seeing Philosophy (2008).
The event is sponsored by the New York Council for the Humanities, and is free and open to the public.
The New York Council for the Humanities is a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. It has linked distinguished scholars with diverse audiences since its launch in 1983, bringing the best in humanities scholarship to thousands of people at hundreds of cultural organizations in New York State.
For further information contact Tim Madigan at 385-5259 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance