Diogenes Club Hosts Speakers in the Humanities Event
On Monday, April 11, St. John Fisher College's Diogenes Club will host "What Is The Meaning of Human Life," featuring keynote speaker Dr. Raymond Angelo Belliotti, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Fredonia. The talk will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel at 2:30 p.m.
Belliotti is an award-winning speaker, and author of several books, including Stalking Nietzsche (1998); What is the Meaning of Human Life? (2001); and The Philosophy of Baseball (2006). Last year, he spoke at the College on the topic of his latest book, Watching Baseball, Seeing Philosophy (2008).
The event is sponsored by the New York Council for the Humanities, and is free and open to the public.
The New York Council for the Humanities is a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. It has linked distinguished scholars with diverse audiences since its launch in 1983, bringing the best in humanities scholarship to thousands of people at hundreds of cultural organizations in New York State.
For further information contact Tim Madigan at 385-5259 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners