Diogenes Club Hosts Speakers in the Humanities Event
On Monday, April 11, St. John Fisher College's Diogenes Club will host "What Is The Meaning of Human Life," featuring keynote speaker Dr. Raymond Angelo Belliotti, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Fredonia. The talk will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel at 2:30 p.m.
Belliotti is an award-winning speaker, and author of several books, including Stalking Nietzsche (1998); What is the Meaning of Human Life? (2001); and The Philosophy of Baseball (2006). Last year, he spoke at the College on the topic of his latest book, Watching Baseball, Seeing Philosophy (2008).
The event is sponsored by the New York Council for the Humanities, and is free and open to the public.
The New York Council for the Humanities is a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. It has linked distinguished scholars with diverse audiences since its launch in 1983, bringing the best in humanities scholarship to thousands of people at hundreds of cultural organizations in New York State.
For further information contact Tim Madigan at 385-5259 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain