Diogenes Club Hosts Speakers in the Humanities Event
On Monday, April 11, St. John Fisher College's Diogenes Club will host "What Is The Meaning of Human Life," featuring keynote speaker Dr. Raymond Angelo Belliotti, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Fredonia. The talk will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel at 2:30 p.m.
Belliotti is an award-winning speaker, and author of several books, including Stalking Nietzsche (1998); What is the Meaning of Human Life? (2001); and The Philosophy of Baseball (2006). Last year, he spoke at the College on the topic of his latest book, Watching Baseball, Seeing Philosophy (2008).
The event is sponsored by the New York Council for the Humanities, and is free and open to the public.
The New York Council for the Humanities is a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. It has linked distinguished scholars with diverse audiences since its launch in 1983, bringing the best in humanities scholarship to thousands of people at hundreds of cultural organizations in New York State.
For further information contact Tim Madigan at 385-5259 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Inaugural Campus Convocation Generates Conversations about Campus Mission
- Wes Renfro Delivers Convocation at Alma Mater
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers