Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Publishes Two Books
Dr. Nathan Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Religious Studies, has recently published two books — Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction and Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality.
Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction is a scholarly analysis of contemporary spiritualities written in everyday language. Aside from describing the history, feelings, signposts, and sources of spirituality in this liminal age, it offers descriptions of ten classical and twenty marginal spiritualities that influence current spiritual ways of life. How these past and present spiritualities respond to the ever present realities of suffering and death and the contemporary challenges of diversity, environmental degradation, and injustice, challenge readers as to how they will grow their future spiritualities.
Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality offers the reader an opportunity to learn about the spiritualities of others while discovering their own. It does so by providing five chapters describing the nature of spirituality as well as its history, signposts, sources, and diverse manifestations in the world’s religions. It also includes five “Dear Diary” chapters that encourage the reader to describe, reflect upon, develop, and choose what is necessary for them to become a mature spiritual person.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam