Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Publishes Two Books
Dr. Nathan Kollar, Professor Emeritus, Religious Studies, has recently published two books — Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction and Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality.
Spiritualities: Past, Present, and Future – An Introduction is a scholarly analysis of contemporary spiritualities written in everyday language. Aside from describing the history, feelings, signposts, and sources of spirituality in this liminal age, it offers descriptions of ten classical and twenty marginal spiritualities that influence current spiritual ways of life. How these past and present spiritualities respond to the ever present realities of suffering and death and the contemporary challenges of diversity, environmental degradation, and injustice, challenge readers as to how they will grow their future spiritualities.
Soul Searching: A Handbook for Discovering, Developing, and Talking about Your Spirituality offers the reader an opportunity to learn about the spiritualities of others while discovering their own. It does so by providing five chapters describing the nature of spirituality as well as its history, signposts, sources, and diverse manifestations in the world’s religions. It also includes five “Dear Diary” chapters that encourage the reader to describe, reflect upon, develop, and choose what is necessary for them to become a mature spiritual person.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced