Calling All Teeter-Totterers!
National Girls and Women in Sports Day is coming up next week, and the St. John Fisher College Sport Management Department is once again holding a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon to celebrate.
On Wednesday, February 1, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., teeter-totterers will be doing their part in the Campus Center to raise money for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. The department is urging all students, staff, and faculty to participate.
According to Dr. Emily Dane, Assistant Professor, the goal is to help raise awareness about the benefits that come from involvement in athletics and physical activity.
All this week, the department is collecting your loose change outside of Basil 135 in buckets labeled with names of faculty and staff groups whom you want to see teeter-totter during the dedicated faculty/staff participation time. The group with the heaviest bucket will be guaranteed to participate! There are seven groups signed up so far, with faculty and staff representatives from across all the schools and Lavery Library.
In addition, the Sport Studies Department will be selling t-shirts for the cause. The new design was created by a Fisher female athlete. T-shirts are being sold throughout the week in the Basil lobby and on the day of the marathon for $15. Those who purchase a t-shirt are encouraged to wear it on the day of the event!
If you are interested in participating, email Dr. Emily Dane at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff