Calling All Teeter-Totterers!
National Girls and Women in Sports Day is coming up next week, and the St. John Fisher College Sport Management Department is once again holding a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon to celebrate.
On Wednesday, February 1, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., teeter-totterers will be doing their part in the Campus Center to raise money for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. The department is urging all students, staff, and faculty to participate.
According to Dr. Emily Dane, Assistant Professor, the goal is to help raise awareness about the benefits that come from involvement in athletics and physical activity.
All this week, the department is collecting your loose change outside of Basil 135 in buckets labeled with names of faculty and staff groups whom you want to see teeter-totter during the dedicated faculty/staff participation time. The group with the heaviest bucket will be guaranteed to participate! There are seven groups signed up so far, with faculty and staff representatives from across all the schools and Lavery Library.
In addition, the Sport Studies Department will be selling t-shirts for the cause. The new design was created by a Fisher female athlete. T-shirts are being sold throughout the week in the Basil lobby and on the day of the marathon for $15. Those who purchase a t-shirt are encouraged to wear it on the day of the event!
If you are interested in participating, email Dr. Emily Dane at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference