Calling All Teeter-Totterers!
National Girls and Women in Sports Day is coming up next week, and the St. John Fisher College Sport Management Department is once again holding a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon to celebrate.
On Wednesday, February 1, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., teeter-totterers will be doing their part in the Campus Center to raise money for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. The department is urging all students, staff, and faculty to participate.
According to Dr. Emily Dane, Assistant Professor, the goal is to help raise awareness about the benefits that come from involvement in athletics and physical activity.
All this week, the department is collecting your loose change outside of Basil 135 in buckets labeled with names of faculty and staff groups whom you want to see teeter-totter during the dedicated faculty/staff participation time. The group with the heaviest bucket will be guaranteed to participate! There are seven groups signed up so far, with faculty and staff representatives from across all the schools and Lavery Library.
In addition, the Sport Studies Department will be selling t-shirts for the cause. The new design was created by a Fisher female athlete. T-shirts are being sold throughout the week in the Basil lobby and on the day of the marathon for $15. Those who purchase a t-shirt are encouraged to wear it on the day of the event!
If you are interested in participating, email Dr. Emily Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy