Calling All Teeter-Totterers!
National Girls and Women in Sports Day is coming up next week, and the St. John Fisher College Sport Management Department is once again holding a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon to celebrate.
On Wednesday, February 1, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., teeter-totterers will be doing their part in the Campus Center to raise money for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. The department is urging all students, staff, and faculty to participate.
According to Dr. Emily Dane, Assistant Professor, the goal is to help raise awareness about the benefits that come from involvement in athletics and physical activity.
All this week, the department is collecting your loose change outside of Basil 135 in buckets labeled with names of faculty and staff groups whom you want to see teeter-totter during the dedicated faculty/staff participation time. The group with the heaviest bucket will be guaranteed to participate! There are seven groups signed up so far, with faculty and staff representatives from across all the schools and Lavery Library.
In addition, the Sport Studies Department will be selling t-shirts for the cause. The new design was created by a Fisher female athlete. T-shirts are being sold throughout the week in the Basil lobby and on the day of the marathon for $15. Those who purchase a t-shirt are encouraged to wear it on the day of the event!
If you are interested in participating, email Dr. Emily Dane at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students