Calling All Teeter-Totterers!
National Girls and Women in Sports Day is coming up next week, and the St. John Fisher College Sport Management Department is once again holding a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon to celebrate.
On Wednesday, February 1, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., teeter-totterers will be doing their part in the Campus Center to raise money for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. The department is urging all students, staff, and faculty to participate.
According to Dr. Emily Dane, Assistant Professor, the goal is to help raise awareness about the benefits that come from involvement in athletics and physical activity.
All this week, the department is collecting your loose change outside of Basil 135 in buckets labeled with names of faculty and staff groups whom you want to see teeter-totter during the dedicated faculty/staff participation time. The group with the heaviest bucket will be guaranteed to participate! There are seven groups signed up so far, with faculty and staff representatives from across all the schools and Lavery Library.
In addition, the Sport Studies Department will be selling t-shirts for the cause. The new design was created by a Fisher female athlete. T-shirts are being sold throughout the week in the Basil lobby and on the day of the marathon for $15. Those who purchase a t-shirt are encouraged to wear it on the day of the event!
If you are interested in participating, email Dr. Emily Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists