Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
The Congregation of St. Basil, also known as the Basilian Fathers, recently held their General Chapter meeting at St. John Fisher College. The Chapter meets every four years, and members were on campus from July 6-17.
While at Fisher, the Chapter reviewed the state of the Congregation and planned for its future, worked to make new laws or modify existing ones so that the Congregation may better fulfill its mission, and elected leadership for the Congregation.
Before the meeting officially started on July 9, the delegates spent two days on retreat which included time set aside each day for mass and communal celebration of morning and evening prayers. Gathering together for meals and socials was also an important part of their time on campus.
Participants traveled from Canada, Mexico, Colombia, and various parts of the United States, with only a few who were local. Among those present were priests, men preparing for priesthood, laypersons associated with the Basilian Fathers, and staff members.
This was the third time the Basilian Fathers gathered at Fisher for the Chapter meeting, having held previous Chapters on campus in 2006 and 2010. The leadership elected during this Chapter include:
- Superior General - Rev. George Smith, CSB
- General Council - Rev. David Katulski, CSB; Rev. Kevin Storey, CSB; Rev. John Huber, CSB; and Rev. Morgan Rice, CSB
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship