Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
The Congregation of St. Basil, also known as the Basilian Fathers, recently held their General Chapter meeting at St. John Fisher College. The Chapter meets every four years, and members were on campus from July 6-17.
While at Fisher, the Chapter reviewed the state of the Congregation and planned for its future, worked to make new laws or modify existing ones so that the Congregation may better fulfill its mission, and elected leadership for the Congregation.
Before the meeting officially started on July 9, the delegates spent two days on retreat which included time set aside each day for mass and communal celebration of morning and evening prayers. Gathering together for meals and socials was also an important part of their time on campus.
Participants traveled from Canada, Mexico, Colombia, and various parts of the United States, with only a few who were local. Among those present were priests, men preparing for priesthood, laypersons associated with the Basilian Fathers, and staff members.
This was the third time the Basilian Fathers gathered at Fisher for the Chapter meeting, having held previous Chapters on campus in 2006 and 2010. The leadership elected during this Chapter include:
- Superior General - Rev. George Smith, CSB
- General Council - Rev. David Katulski, CSB; Rev. Kevin Storey, CSB; Rev. John Huber, CSB; and Rev. Morgan Rice, CSB
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study