Lavery Library Donates Film Scripts to George Eastman House
Lavery Library donated 40 Paramount Movie film scripts to George Eastman House over this past summer — scripts that were originally donated to the library in the 1980s by a Rochester couple.
The scripts ranged in dates from 1934-1936, and while the library has cared for them, they do not fit into the scope of Lavery’s Special Collections, which concentrates on the years 1865-1914. Michelle Price, Outreach and Special Collections Librarian, credits her work study student, Kathleen Swingly, as the first to suggest George Eastman House as an alternate home for the scripts.
“After a quick investigation, the move seemed well matched, as George Eastman House already owned stills from many of the films in question,” said Price.
She worked closely with Nancy Kaufmann, of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House, who brokered the deal, which was official in July.
The International Museum of Photography and Film at George Eastman House is a major motion picture archive, housing over 4 million artifacts. The museum preserves the personal film collection of Kathryn Bigelow, Ken Burns, Cecil B. DeMille, Norman Jewison, Spike Lee, and Martin Scorsese.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins Liberty League for Rowing
- Lavigne Participates in Two Conferences
- Recent Grad Reaches Semi-Finals of Peace First Competition
- Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant from the New York Higher Education Services Corporation Grant
- University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men (UPREP) Holds Classes on Campus
- St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Hosts a “Rochester Irish Gathering”
- College of New Rochelle Ed.D. Cohort Treated to Inspirational Guest Speaker
- Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
- English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
- Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
- Fisher Takes on the 2013 Corporate Challenge
- School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner