Lavery Library Donates Film Scripts to George Eastman House
Lavery Library donated 40 Paramount Movie film scripts to George Eastman House over this past summer — scripts that were originally donated to the library in the 1980s by a Rochester couple.
The scripts ranged in dates from 1934-1936, and while the library has cared for them, they do not fit into the scope of Lavery’s Special Collections, which concentrates on the years 1865-1914. Michelle Price, Outreach and Special Collections Librarian, credits her work study student, Kathleen Swingly, as the first to suggest George Eastman House as an alternate home for the scripts.
“After a quick investigation, the move seemed well matched, as George Eastman House already owned stills from many of the films in question,” said Price.
She worked closely with Nancy Kaufmann, of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House, who brokered the deal, which was official in July.
The International Museum of Photography and Film at George Eastman House is a major motion picture archive, housing over 4 million artifacts. The museum preserves the personal film collection of Kathryn Bigelow, Ken Burns, Cecil B. DeMille, Norman Jewison, Spike Lee, and Martin Scorsese.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference