Lavery Library Donates Film Scripts to George Eastman House
Lavery Library donated 40 Paramount Movie film scripts to George Eastman House over this past summer — scripts that were originally donated to the library in the 1980s by a Rochester couple.
The scripts ranged in dates from 1934-1936, and while the library has cared for them, they do not fit into the scope of Lavery’s Special Collections, which concentrates on the years 1865-1914. Michelle Price, Outreach and Special Collections Librarian, credits her work study student, Kathleen Swingly, as the first to suggest George Eastman House as an alternate home for the scripts.
“After a quick investigation, the move seemed well matched, as George Eastman House already owned stills from many of the films in question,” said Price.
She worked closely with Nancy Kaufmann, of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House, who brokered the deal, which was official in July.
The International Museum of Photography and Film at George Eastman House is a major motion picture archive, housing over 4 million artifacts. The museum preserves the personal film collection of Kathryn Bigelow, Ken Burns, Cecil B. DeMille, Norman Jewison, Spike Lee, and Martin Scorsese.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International