Lavery Library Donates Film Scripts to George Eastman House
Lavery Library donated 40 Paramount Movie film scripts to George Eastman House over this past summer — scripts that were originally donated to the library in the 1980s by a Rochester couple.
The scripts ranged in dates from 1934-1936, and while the library has cared for them, they do not fit into the scope of Lavery’s Special Collections, which concentrates on the years 1865-1914. Michelle Price, Outreach and Special Collections Librarian, credits her work study student, Kathleen Swingly, as the first to suggest George Eastman House as an alternate home for the scripts.
“After a quick investigation, the move seemed well matched, as George Eastman House already owned stills from many of the films in question,” said Price.
She worked closely with Nancy Kaufmann, of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House, who brokered the deal, which was official in July.
The International Museum of Photography and Film at George Eastman House is a major motion picture archive, housing over 4 million artifacts. The museum preserves the personal film collection of Kathryn Bigelow, Ken Burns, Cecil B. DeMille, Norman Jewison, Spike Lee, and Martin Scorsese.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video