Lavery Library Donates Film Scripts to George Eastman House
Lavery Library donated 40 Paramount Movie film scripts to George Eastman House over this past summer — scripts that were originally donated to the library in the 1980s by a Rochester couple.
The scripts ranged in dates from 1934-1936, and while the library has cared for them, they do not fit into the scope of Lavery’s Special Collections, which concentrates on the years 1865-1914. Michelle Price, Outreach and Special Collections Librarian, credits her work study student, Kathleen Swingly, as the first to suggest George Eastman House as an alternate home for the scripts.
“After a quick investigation, the move seemed well matched, as George Eastman House already owned stills from many of the films in question,” said Price.
She worked closely with Nancy Kaufmann, of the Motion Picture Department at George Eastman House, who brokered the deal, which was official in July.
The International Museum of Photography and Film at George Eastman House is a major motion picture archive, housing over 4 million artifacts. The museum preserves the personal film collection of Kathryn Bigelow, Ken Burns, Cecil B. DeMille, Norman Jewison, Spike Lee, and Martin Scorsese.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference