Pharmacy Honor Society Presents Flu Shot Session
On Thursday, October 18, members of Rho Chi, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s Honor Society, presented a flu shot information session at the URWell free clinic in Rochester hosted by the URWell Student Outreach organization.
P3 students Stacy Cairns, Kristin Haas, and Lara Kratochwill gave an interactive presentation entitled, “Test your Flu IQ,” to patients in the waiting room. Their presentation was part of a community outreach program that the Honor Society will be doing once a month at URWell for the rest of the academic year.
“They had a medical student giving flu shots, so they were really excited we were there to provide information,” said Cairns. “A few people there said we convinced them to get the shot and the quiz questions worked really well.”
The mission of URWell Student Outreach is to provide free high-quality preventative and health maintenance services to uninsured and underserved families and individuals in an effort to foster a healthy community and promote the spirit of education, social justice, and collaboration.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”