Father Lanzalaco to be Guest Speaker at Magnificat Event
Father Joe Lanzalaco, Director of Campus Ministry, will be the featured guest speaker at the upcoming Magnificat breakfast event on Saturday, October 13. The event will take place beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the RIT Inn and Conference Center on West Henrietta Road.
Born and raised in Rochester, Fr. Lanzalaco is an alumnus of Bishop Kearney High School, Monroe Community College, and a 1983 graduate of St. John Fisher College. After receiving his Master of Divinity from the University of Toronto in 1987, he was ordained at Rochester’s Church of Annunciation. Prior to his ordination, he served in Vietnam from 1969-1970, and was a member of the military police in Germany from 1977-1981. Fr. Lanzalaco has also worked at Andrean High School in Indiana where he taught Theology, served as the women’s softball coach, and was the Dean of Students. During his time in Indiana, he also served as Catholic Chaplain at Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, with a special ministry to death row inmates. He returned to Rochester in 2000, has assisted various parishes in the community, and was named Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas the Apostle in Irondequoit.
Early bird tickets for the breakfast are $18.00, and can be reserved by sending a check to Magnificat-Rochester, PO Box 24787, Rochester, NY, 14624. If purchased after October 8, the cost is $20.00. Students can attend for $10.00. For more information, call (585) 436-1284 or visit www.magnificatrochester.org.
Magnificat is a Catholic ministry for women approved by the Diocese of Rochester.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization