Father Lanzalaco to be Guest Speaker at Magnificat Event
Father Joe Lanzalaco, Director of Campus Ministry, will be the featured guest speaker at the upcoming Magnificat breakfast event on Saturday, October 13. The event will take place beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the RIT Inn and Conference Center on West Henrietta Road.
Born and raised in Rochester, Fr. Lanzalaco is an alumnus of Bishop Kearney High School, Monroe Community College, and a 1983 graduate of St. John Fisher College. After receiving his Master of Divinity from the University of Toronto in 1987, he was ordained at Rochester’s Church of Annunciation. Prior to his ordination, he served in Vietnam from 1969-1970, and was a member of the military police in Germany from 1977-1981. Fr. Lanzalaco has also worked at Andrean High School in Indiana where he taught Theology, served as the women’s softball coach, and was the Dean of Students. During his time in Indiana, he also served as Catholic Chaplain at Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, with a special ministry to death row inmates. He returned to Rochester in 2000, has assisted various parishes in the community, and was named Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas the Apostle in Irondequoit.
Early bird tickets for the breakfast are $18.00, and can be reserved by sending a check to Magnificat-Rochester, PO Box 24787, Rochester, NY, 14624. If purchased after October 8, the cost is $20.00. Students can attend for $10.00. For more information, call (585) 436-1284 or visit www.magnificatrochester.org.
Magnificat is a Catholic ministry for women approved by the Diocese of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception