Father Lanzalaco to be Guest Speaker at Magnificat Event
Father Joe Lanzalaco, Director of Campus Ministry, will be the featured guest speaker at the upcoming Magnificat breakfast event on Saturday, October 13. The event will take place beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the RIT Inn and Conference Center on West Henrietta Road.
Born and raised in Rochester, Fr. Lanzalaco is an alumnus of Bishop Kearney High School, Monroe Community College, and a 1983 graduate of St. John Fisher College. After receiving his Master of Divinity from the University of Toronto in 1987, he was ordained at Rochester’s Church of Annunciation. Prior to his ordination, he served in Vietnam from 1969-1970, and was a member of the military police in Germany from 1977-1981. Fr. Lanzalaco has also worked at Andrean High School in Indiana where he taught Theology, served as the women’s softball coach, and was the Dean of Students. During his time in Indiana, he also served as Catholic Chaplain at Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, with a special ministry to death row inmates. He returned to Rochester in 2000, has assisted various parishes in the community, and was named Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas the Apostle in Irondequoit.
Early bird tickets for the breakfast are $18.00, and can be reserved by sending a check to Magnificat-Rochester, PO Box 24787, Rochester, NY, 14624. If purchased after October 8, the cost is $20.00. Students can attend for $10.00. For more information, call (585) 436-1284 or visit www.magnificatrochester.org.
Magnificat is a Catholic ministry for women approved by the Diocese of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum