Loss Lecture Series Brings Over 150 to Campus
On Wednesday, October 19, Dr. Alexandra McPherron of the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disorders, Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, served as the keynote speaker for the 2011 Loss Science Lecture Series. Over 150 people attended the lecture.
Her presentation was entitled, "The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse - The Regulation of Skeletal Muscle Size in the Lab, on the Ranch, and in the Clinic." The presentation focused on McPherron’s research surrounding myostation, a protein naturally produced by the body that increases as you age, which has been the topic of discussion in the field for many years. She is a leading expert on the topic.
McPherron received her bachelor of science degree in Zoology from the University of California and went on to earn her Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cellular, and Molecular Biology from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
The Robert and Janice Loss Science Lecture Series was established in 2003 to promote the study of the sciences among high school and college students.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program