Beta Beta Beta Inducts 33 New Members
The St. John Fisher College Upsilon Rho chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national honor society for undergraduate Biology majors, held its second induction ceremony on April 4.
The ceremony was conducted by the executive board including Jillian Foster (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Alicia Vann (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian).
The ceremony began with a welcome from Dr. David Pate, the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, the faculty advisor for the Upsilon Rho chapter, then highlighted the accomplishments of current members of Beta Beta Beta during the last academic year. Some of those accomplishments included presenting research at international conferences and engaging in over 400 hours of service.
A total of 31 new regular members, one graduate member, and one associate member were inducted. Ahmed swore in the 2014-15 executive board which includes students Lubomyr Ravlyk (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Joseph DeRaddo (treasurer), Vincent Marino (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian). The ceremony concluded with remarks from Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Chair of the Biology Department.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference