Father William Graf is Featured Speaker for December First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, December 2, Father William Graf, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the featured speaker in the St. John Fisher College First Friday Lecture Series. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room at 10:00 a.m.
He will present, “Celtic Spirituality: Why the Irish Pray Differently.” His talk will focus on the time when the Celts moved across Europe and found a place of refuge in the land of Eire. It was a mysterious land rich in traditions and stories that allowed the Celts to integrate their own culture with their new home. Later, when the Roman Catholic Church reached Ireland, it adopted some of the stories, myths, and customs to teach the Gospel message. The Church’s prayer, liturgy, and rites found a treasure in the Celtic culture. But unfortunately, some oppressive bishops and secular rulers later robbed this treasury and some of it was lost or forgotten. In recent years, the treasures have resurfaced and are being celebrated once again.
The event will also include mass at 9:00 a.m., and a breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the December 2 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation