Father William Graf is Featured Speaker for December First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, December 2, Father William Graf, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the featured speaker in the St. John Fisher College First Friday Lecture Series. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room at 10:00 a.m.
He will present, “Celtic Spirituality: Why the Irish Pray Differently.” His talk will focus on the time when the Celts moved across Europe and found a place of refuge in the land of Eire. It was a mysterious land rich in traditions and stories that allowed the Celts to integrate their own culture with their new home. Later, when the Roman Catholic Church reached Ireland, it adopted some of the stories, myths, and customs to teach the Gospel message. The Church’s prayer, liturgy, and rites found a treasure in the Celtic culture. But unfortunately, some oppressive bishops and secular rulers later robbed this treasury and some of it was lost or forgotten. In recent years, the treasures have resurfaced and are being celebrated once again.
The event will also include mass at 9:00 a.m., and a breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the December 2 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant