Father William Graf is Featured Speaker for December First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, December 2, Father William Graf, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the featured speaker in the St. John Fisher College First Friday Lecture Series. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room at 10:00 a.m.
He will present, “Celtic Spirituality: Why the Irish Pray Differently.” His talk will focus on the time when the Celts moved across Europe and found a place of refuge in the land of Eire. It was a mysterious land rich in traditions and stories that allowed the Celts to integrate their own culture with their new home. Later, when the Roman Catholic Church reached Ireland, it adopted some of the stories, myths, and customs to teach the Gospel message. The Church’s prayer, liturgy, and rites found a treasure in the Celtic culture. But unfortunately, some oppressive bishops and secular rulers later robbed this treasury and some of it was lost or forgotten. In recent years, the treasures have resurfaced and are being celebrated once again.
The event will also include mass at 9:00 a.m., and a breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the December 2 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner