Father William Graf is Featured Speaker for December First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, December 2, Father William Graf, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at St. John Fisher College, will serve as the featured speaker in the St. John Fisher College First Friday Lecture Series. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Board Room at 10:00 a.m.
He will present, “Celtic Spirituality: Why the Irish Pray Differently.” His talk will focus on the time when the Celts moved across Europe and found a place of refuge in the land of Eire. It was a mysterious land rich in traditions and stories that allowed the Celts to integrate their own culture with their new home. Later, when the Roman Catholic Church reached Ireland, it adopted some of the stories, myths, and customs to teach the Gospel message. The Church’s prayer, liturgy, and rites found a treasure in the Celtic culture. But unfortunately, some oppressive bishops and secular rulers later robbed this treasury and some of it was lost or forgotten. In recent years, the treasures have resurfaced and are being celebrated once again.
The event will also include mass at 9:00 a.m., and a breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Parking is available in Lots A and B off of the main entrance to the College at East Ave./Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the December 2 event, please contact Tiffany Carnevale at (585) 385-8354 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference