Lecture: The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences at St. John Fisher College on March 14
St. John Fisher College will host Deacon Anthony Sciolino on Thursday, March 14, as he discusses his new book, The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism. His lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., and will be held in Basil Hall, Room 135. The event is free and open to the public.
Sciolino is also a retired Monroe County Family Court Judge. His book expands the discussion about the holocaust especially with regard to the Church’s role. Sciolino's theory is that the Church, and all of Christianity, failed to stop the genocide from occurring citing that the Church’s own views about Judaism actually aided in the rise of Anti-Semitism espoused by the Nazi regime, thereby fueling the slaughter of millions.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the lecture, and the book will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by the Religious Studies Club and the Cardinal Virtue, the student-run campus bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry.
For more information, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner