Lecture: The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences at St. John Fisher College on March 14
St. John Fisher College will host Deacon Anthony Sciolino on Thursday, March 14, as he discusses his new book, The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism. His lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., and will be held in Basil Hall, Room 135. The event is free and open to the public.
Sciolino is also a retired Monroe County Family Court Judge. His book expands the discussion about the holocaust especially with regard to the Church’s role. Sciolino's theory is that the Church, and all of Christianity, failed to stop the genocide from occurring citing that the Church’s own views about Judaism actually aided in the rise of Anti-Semitism espoused by the Nazi regime, thereby fueling the slaughter of millions.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the lecture, and the book will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by the Religious Studies Club and the Cardinal Virtue, the student-run campus bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry.
For more information, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources