Lecture: The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences at St. John Fisher College on March 14
St. John Fisher College will host Deacon Anthony Sciolino on Thursday, March 14, as he discusses his new book, The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism. His lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., and will be held in Basil Hall, Room 135. The event is free and open to the public.
Sciolino is also a retired Monroe County Family Court Judge. His book expands the discussion about the holocaust especially with regard to the Church’s role. Sciolino's theory is that the Church, and all of Christianity, failed to stop the genocide from occurring citing that the Church’s own views about Judaism actually aided in the rise of Anti-Semitism espoused by the Nazi regime, thereby fueling the slaughter of millions.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the lecture, and the book will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by the Religious Studies Club and the Cardinal Virtue, the student-run campus bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry.
For more information, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program