Lecture: The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences at St. John Fisher College on March 14
St. John Fisher College will host Deacon Anthony Sciolino on Thursday, March 14, as he discusses his new book, The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism. His lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., and will be held in Basil Hall, Room 135. The event is free and open to the public.
Sciolino is also a retired Monroe County Family Court Judge. His book expands the discussion about the holocaust especially with regard to the Church’s role. Sciolino's theory is that the Church, and all of Christianity, failed to stop the genocide from occurring citing that the Church’s own views about Judaism actually aided in the rise of Anti-Semitism espoused by the Nazi regime, thereby fueling the slaughter of millions.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the lecture, and the book will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by the Religious Studies Club and the Cardinal Virtue, the student-run campus bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry.
For more information, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced