Lecture: The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences at St. John Fisher College on March 14
St. John Fisher College will host Deacon Anthony Sciolino on Thursday, March 14, as he discusses his new book, The Holocaust, the Church, and the Law of Unintended Consequences: How Christian Anti-Judaism Spawned Nazi Anti-Semitism. His lecture will begin at 7:00 p.m., and will be held in Basil Hall, Room 135. The event is free and open to the public.
Sciolino is also a retired Monroe County Family Court Judge. His book expands the discussion about the holocaust especially with regard to the Church’s role. Sciolino's theory is that the Church, and all of Christianity, failed to stop the genocide from occurring citing that the Church’s own views about Judaism actually aided in the rise of Anti-Semitism espoused by the Nazi regime, thereby fueling the slaughter of millions.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the lecture, and the book will be available for purchase.
The event is sponsored by the Religious Studies Club and the Cardinal Virtue, the student-run campus bulletin of the Office of Campus Ministry.
For more information, contact Deacon Tom Jewell at (585) 385-8325 or email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems