Countdown to Commencement: Husain Bawany
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Husain Bawany, a Biology and Religious Studies double major. He was nominated by Dr. Kathy Savage, Assistant Professor in the Biology Department, and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
According to his nominators, Bawany is an extremely dedicated student who is involved in several different facets of the Fisher community. He has a passion for engaging students in diversity discussions and service, and has been involved in many efforts to provide service to underrepresented populations in the Rochester community, specifically refugee children.
“Husain has changed the way I approach some topics I teach to include a broader perspective,” said Savage.
Aside from Bawany’s service work in the larger Rochester community, he can be spotted on campus doing much of the same. During his four years at Fisher, he has been involved in the Student Government Association, Muslim Student Association, Religious Studies Club, Measure 13, the Strategic Planning Committee, the Interfaith Rochester Area College, and most recently, served as the Co-Chair of the 2012 Day of Celebration.
He was also responsible for the College’s Coexistence Dinner and Dialogue, which encouraged positive conversation focused on diversity and faith in an effort to promote an atmosphere of acceptance, learning, and openness. The event attracted dozens of students from around the Rochester area.
“I will always remember Husain’s compassion to promoting diversity and student engagement beyond the Fisher campus,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Husain Bawany!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study