Senior Accounting Students Awarded Business Excellence Scholarships
Two seniors from the St. John Fisher College School of Business have received prestigious scholarships for their display of business leadership and academic excellence. Jacqueline Cowley was this year’s Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) Scholarship Award recipient, and M. Brendan Kazmierski received the Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Scholarship. Both students are accounting majors, and have been named the 2013-14 co-liaisons of the BGS College chapter.
The RABEF Scholarship is awarded to a deserving student that exhibits high ethical standards while promoting the value of business ethics to a future generation of leaders. Cowley currently serves as the Chair of the Accounting Club and attends leadership forums at various accounting firms. She also holds a leadership position on the Teddi Dance for Love Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. Cowley says she strives for integrity, while being a leader, in order to be a positive role model for her community.
“Integrity is a value that I carry with me in everything I pursue, and it is a value that everyone looks for in any kind of business or personal relationship,” says Cowley.
The BGS Scholarship is given to deserving student members from each chapter who are currently enrolled in a business administration program at an AACSB International-accredited college or university. Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the men's varsity soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. He said he views BGS as more than just a résumé item, but also as an opportunity to instill integrity, wisdom, and lifelong learning in other members.
“It is also a chance for students to step up and be a leader to help others identify their strengths and move out of their comfort zone,” he added.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins