Senior Accounting Students Awarded Business Excellence Scholarships
Two seniors from the St. John Fisher College School of Business have received prestigious scholarships for their display of business leadership and academic excellence. Jacqueline Cowley was this year’s Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) Scholarship Award recipient, and M. Brendan Kazmierski received the Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Scholarship. Both students are accounting majors, and have been named the 2013-14 co-liaisons of the BGS College chapter.
The RABEF Scholarship is awarded to a deserving student that exhibits high ethical standards while promoting the value of business ethics to a future generation of leaders. Cowley currently serves as the Chair of the Accounting Club and attends leadership forums at various accounting firms. She also holds a leadership position on the Teddi Dance for Love Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. Cowley says she strives for integrity, while being a leader, in order to be a positive role model for her community.
“Integrity is a value that I carry with me in everything I pursue, and it is a value that everyone looks for in any kind of business or personal relationship,” says Cowley.
The BGS Scholarship is given to deserving student members from each chapter who are currently enrolled in a business administration program at an AACSB International-accredited college or university. Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the men's varsity soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. He said he views BGS as more than just a résumé item, but also as an opportunity to instill integrity, wisdom, and lifelong learning in other members.
“It is also a chance for students to step up and be a leader to help others identify their strengths and move out of their comfort zone,” he added.
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling