Dr. Cooney Miner to be Inducted as Fellow in American Academy of Nursing
St. John Fisher College is proud to announce that Dianne Cooney Miner, PhD, RN, CNRN, Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing, has been selected as one of the 176 nurse leaders that will be inducted as Fellows during the American Academy of Nursing’s 39th Annual Meeting and Conference on October 13, 2012, in Washington, D.C. Composed of the nation’s top nurse researchers, policy makers, scholars, executives, educators, and practitioners, the 2012 cohort is the largest class of inductees yet.
“Selection for membership in the Academy is one of the most prestigious honors in the field of nursing,” said Academy President Joanne Disch, PhD, RN, FAAN. “I congratulate all of the new Fellows and look forward to honoring their accomplishments and welcoming them into the Fellowship this October.”
The Academy is composed of more than 1,800 nurse leaders in education, management, practice, policy, and research. Selection criteria include evidence of significant contributions to nursing and health care and sponsorship by two current Academy Fellows. Applicants are reviewed by a panel comprised of elected and appointed Fellows, and selection is based, in part, on the extent to which nominees’ nursing careers influence health policies and the health and well-being of all. New Fellows will be eligible to use the credentials FAAN (Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing) after their October induction.
Dr. Miner joined Fisher as the Chair of the Department of Nursing in 2003. Prior to her role at Fisher, she was Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs and a clinical professor at the Decker School of Nursing at Binghamton University (SUNY). Her professional career includes practice in acute and critical care, nursing education, and administration.
Latest College News Stories
- Marketing Club Plans Robust Marketing Week, Open to Campus Community
- Gandhi Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Tessoni '69 Receives Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State