Pharmacy Faculty and Staff Volunteer at Mary’s Place
Several faculty and staff members from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy recently spent an evening helping the children of Mary’s Place in Rochester.
A total of 10 faculty and staff members and one alumnae prepared and served an Italian feast for the children, and spent time meeting with them. The event was organized by Dr. Sherry Jimenez, and participants included Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Mary DeLucenay ’08, Nanette Huether, Dr. Anand Sridhar, Debbie Favro, Dr. Anne Schweighardt, Dr. Lipika Chablani, Dr. Vivek Dave, Dr. Melanie Woytowish, Dr. Fang Zhao, and Dr. Christine Birnie.
“With our focus on diversity and underserved populations, this was consistent with the service and volunteerism we highly encourage amongst our students,” said Birnie.
Mary’s Place is an outreach program providing tutoring and English language skills for refugee children in our local community.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception