Pharmacy Faculty and Staff Volunteer at Mary’s Place
Several faculty and staff members from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy recently spent an evening helping the children of Mary’s Place in Rochester.
A total of 10 faculty and staff members and one alumnae prepared and served an Italian feast for the children, and spent time meeting with them. The event was organized by Dr. Sherry Jimenez, and participants included Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Mary DeLucenay ’08, Nanette Huether, Dr. Anand Sridhar, Debbie Favro, Dr. Anne Schweighardt, Dr. Lipika Chablani, Dr. Vivek Dave, Dr. Melanie Woytowish, Dr. Fang Zhao, and Dr. Christine Birnie.
“With our focus on diversity and underserved populations, this was consistent with the service and volunteerism we highly encourage amongst our students,” said Birnie.
Mary’s Place is an outreach program providing tutoring and English language skills for refugee children in our local community.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes