Pharmacy Faculty and Staff Volunteer at Mary’s Place
Several faculty and staff members from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy recently spent an evening helping the children of Mary’s Place in Rochester.
A total of 10 faculty and staff members and one alumnae prepared and served an Italian feast for the children, and spent time meeting with them. The event was organized by Dr. Sherry Jimenez, and participants included Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Mary DeLucenay ’08, Nanette Huether, Dr. Anand Sridhar, Debbie Favro, Dr. Anne Schweighardt, Dr. Lipika Chablani, Dr. Vivek Dave, Dr. Melanie Woytowish, Dr. Fang Zhao, and Dr. Christine Birnie.
“With our focus on diversity and underserved populations, this was consistent with the service and volunteerism we highly encourage amongst our students,” said Birnie.
Mary’s Place is an outreach program providing tutoring and English language skills for refugee children in our local community.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence