Pharmacy Faculty and Staff Volunteer at Mary’s Place
Several faculty and staff members from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy recently spent an evening helping the children of Mary’s Place in Rochester.
A total of 10 faculty and staff members and one alumnae prepared and served an Italian feast for the children, and spent time meeting with them. The event was organized by Dr. Sherry Jimenez, and participants included Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Mary DeLucenay ’08, Nanette Huether, Dr. Anand Sridhar, Debbie Favro, Dr. Anne Schweighardt, Dr. Lipika Chablani, Dr. Vivek Dave, Dr. Melanie Woytowish, Dr. Fang Zhao, and Dr. Christine Birnie.
“With our focus on diversity and underserved populations, this was consistent with the service and volunteerism we highly encourage amongst our students,” said Birnie.
Mary’s Place is an outreach program providing tutoring and English language skills for refugee children in our local community.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open