Pharmacy Faculty and Staff Volunteer at Mary’s Place
Several faculty and staff members from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy recently spent an evening helping the children of Mary’s Place in Rochester.
A total of 10 faculty and staff members and one alumnae prepared and served an Italian feast for the children, and spent time meeting with them. The event was organized by Dr. Sherry Jimenez, and participants included Dr. Alex DeLucenay ’10, Mary DeLucenay ’08, Nanette Huether, Dr. Anand Sridhar, Debbie Favro, Dr. Anne Schweighardt, Dr. Lipika Chablani, Dr. Vivek Dave, Dr. Melanie Woytowish, Dr. Fang Zhao, and Dr. Christine Birnie.
“With our focus on diversity and underserved populations, this was consistent with the service and volunteerism we highly encourage amongst our students,” said Birnie.
Mary’s Place is an outreach program providing tutoring and English language skills for refugee children in our local community.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year