Nursing, Pharmacy Students Receive Scholarships from Italian Women’s Civic Club
Fisher students Dina Berardi, Juliane Barbato, and Patti VanAuker received the 2013 Dante Scholarship Award from the Italian Women’s Civic Club (IWCC) during an awards dinner at Midvale Country Club on Saturday, October 26.
The IWCC is an organization that has conducted philanthropic activities in the Greater Rochester Area for over 90 years, and administers the Dante Scholarship Program for undergraduate and graduate students at area colleges and universities. Berardi, Barbato, and VanAuker were joined by four other recipients.
Berardi, a previous IWCC Dante Scholarship Award winner, received her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from Fisher and is now in her third year at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy. She is currently a pharmacy intern at Rochester General Hospital and is a representative of the Student National Pharmaceutical Association and the American Pharmacists Association. Berardi is also a member of the National Foreign Language Honor Society (Alpha Mu Gamma). Her volunteer experiences have focused on faith formation activities at St. Lawrence Church and St. John’s Church.
Barbato is a graduate student in the Wegmans School of Nursing. A single mother of three boys, Barbato works full-time and attends school full-time, with a goal of obtaining an advanced degree in Nursing.
VanAuker, a graduate student at Fisher, is enrolled in the Doctor of Nursing Practice of Program. She is currently the Quality Improvement Council Unit Chair for the Emergency Department at F.F. Thompson Hospital and also participates on committees in the hospital including the Work Life Council. She has received awards from the Emergency Nurses Association, Rural Health Education Center, and Senator Patricia K. McGee Nursing Faculty.
The IWCC was established in 1919 to educate immigrant women on their newly acquired right to vote and assist them in assimilating into American life. The mission of the Club has evolved over the years and today focuses on supporting higher education opportunities for young adults of Italian ancestry.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year