Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s Dr. Susan Schultz, Director of Graduate Special Education, and Dr. Susan Hildenbrand, Assistant Professor, served as co-presenters at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) conference on Friday, November 8. The conference was held in Fort Lauderdale.
The pair presented “Implementing Service-Learning in Pre-Service Teaching Coursework,” focusing on two service-learning projects at Fisher. They discussed how the projects enabled students to reflect and think critically while gaining knowledge, broadening cultural and societal views, and practicing advocacy skills in authentic situations while collaborating with families and educators.
The TED has hosted an annual national conference every year since 1979. It is always an excellent venue for sharing and gaining knowledge related to the field of special education teacher preparation, networking with colleagues, and becoming more involved with the organization.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program