Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s Dr. Susan Schultz, Director of Graduate Special Education, and Dr. Susan Hildenbrand, Assistant Professor, served as co-presenters at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) conference on Friday, November 8. The conference was held in Fort Lauderdale.
The pair presented “Implementing Service-Learning in Pre-Service Teaching Coursework,” focusing on two service-learning projects at Fisher. They discussed how the projects enabled students to reflect and think critically while gaining knowledge, broadening cultural and societal views, and practicing advocacy skills in authentic situations while collaborating with families and educators.
The TED has hosted an annual national conference every year since 1979. It is always an excellent venue for sharing and gaining knowledge related to the field of special education teacher preparation, networking with colleagues, and becoming more involved with the organization.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades