Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s Dr. Susan Schultz, Director of Graduate Special Education, and Dr. Susan Hildenbrand, Assistant Professor, served as co-presenters at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) conference on Friday, November 8. The conference was held in Fort Lauderdale.
The pair presented “Implementing Service-Learning in Pre-Service Teaching Coursework,” focusing on two service-learning projects at Fisher. They discussed how the projects enabled students to reflect and think critically while gaining knowledge, broadening cultural and societal views, and practicing advocacy skills in authentic situations while collaborating with families and educators.
The TED has hosted an annual national conference every year since 1979. It is always an excellent venue for sharing and gaining knowledge related to the field of special education teacher preparation, networking with colleagues, and becoming more involved with the organization.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference