Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education’s Dr. Susan Schultz, Director of Graduate Special Education, and Dr. Susan Hildenbrand, Assistant Professor, served as co-presenters at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) conference on Friday, November 8. The conference was held in Fort Lauderdale.
The pair presented “Implementing Service-Learning in Pre-Service Teaching Coursework,” focusing on two service-learning projects at Fisher. They discussed how the projects enabled students to reflect and think critically while gaining knowledge, broadening cultural and societal views, and practicing advocacy skills in authentic situations while collaborating with families and educators.
The TED has hosted an annual national conference every year since 1979. It is always an excellent venue for sharing and gaining knowledge related to the field of special education teacher preparation, networking with colleagues, and becoming more involved with the organization.
Latest College News Stories
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation