Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
The Staff Recognition Committee is seeking nominations for the annual awards, and nominations will be accepted until January 31, 2012. The goal of the program is to showcase staff accomplishments.
The program includes five award categories:
Cardinal Award – Given to the employee who: fosters a positive attitude and the Fisher focus; bridges lines across departments; and demonstrates initiative.
Freshman Award –Presented to someone who has been employed at Fisher for three years or fewer; has made a positive and immediate impact on the College community; embraces the Fisher spirit; and shows imagination, creativity and innovation.
Good Samaritan Award – Recognizes an employee who: gives of their own time to make a difference in others’ lives; provides outreach to the Fisher community or the greater community; leads by example; reaches out to others to join in the effort; and serves as a natural way of living and not out of obligation.
Lifelong Learner – Given to the employee who: continually seeks further education, networking opportunities or professional development to enhance his or her own position, and then brings back that knowledge to enhance the performance of the department.
Students’ Choice Award –Presented to the employee who: has daily actions and efforts that are consistently aligned with the Fisher student in mind; looks out for the well-being of each Fisher student; is proactive in fostering and promoting the success of Fisher students; and genuinely cares about students; and reaches out to students in need.
Employees will be informed that they have been nominated in March, and a staff recognition ceremony will take place in April, where the winners will be announced.
For more information on each award or to make a nomination, visit the Staff Recognition website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems