Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
Fisher Biology students had an opportunity to work in a nanotechnology laboratory at the University of Rochester for 10 weeks this summer thanks to a grant from the National Science Foundation. Dr. Fernando Ontiveros, Assistant Professor of Biology, and Dr. James McGrath, Director of the Graduate Program of Biomedical Engineering, applied for and received the $25,000 grant.
Ontiveros’ goal was to expose students to state-of-the-art research and technology in an effort to help inform their future career decisions. The team had access to microfabrication and metrology tools of the URNano laboratory.
Ontiveros said that because of the funding and expertise gained during the summer, Fisher's Nanobiology laboratory can now offer faculty and students the ability to produce and test their own microfluidic devices.
Students Niecy Cameron, John Crean and James Ryan McDowell.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization