Lavery Library to Host New Exhibit
Beginning on Monday, September 30, the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery will host a new exhibit entitled "Two Sides of a Story: Illustrations by Shawnee Hill,” showcasing the work of Shawnee Hill, a Communications Design graduate from The Pratt Institute. An opening reception will take place on Friday, October 4, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.
In the exhibit, Hill says she “wanted to create something that was open to interpretation and invoked a strong feeling.” She said the two sides are herself and the viewer, and the story itself is in her illustrations. The exhibit will feature over 30 pieces of her work.
After recent bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, Hill discovered that her artistic style changed for the better, allowing her to reach higher standards of artistic ability. She was born into a creative family, and after her mother passed away last spring, she was encouraged to pursue portrait drawing, influencing much of the work for this show.
To see more of Hill’s artwork, visit her website. The exhibit will be on display in the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery until November 29.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes