Lavery Library to Host New Exhibit
Beginning on Monday, September 30, the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery will host a new exhibit entitled "Two Sides of a Story: Illustrations by Shawnee Hill,” showcasing the work of Shawnee Hill, a Communications Design graduate from The Pratt Institute. An opening reception will take place on Friday, October 4, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.
In the exhibit, Hill says she “wanted to create something that was open to interpretation and invoked a strong feeling.” She said the two sides are herself and the viewer, and the story itself is in her illustrations. The exhibit will feature over 30 pieces of her work.
After recent bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, Hill discovered that her artistic style changed for the better, allowing her to reach higher standards of artistic ability. She was born into a creative family, and after her mother passed away last spring, she was encouraged to pursue portrait drawing, influencing much of the work for this show.
To see more of Hill’s artwork, visit her website. The exhibit will be on display in the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery until November 29.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam