Lavery Library to Host New Exhibit
Beginning on Monday, September 30, the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery will host a new exhibit entitled "Two Sides of a Story: Illustrations by Shawnee Hill,” showcasing the work of Shawnee Hill, a Communications Design graduate from The Pratt Institute. An opening reception will take place on Friday, October 4, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.
In the exhibit, Hill says she “wanted to create something that was open to interpretation and invoked a strong feeling.” She said the two sides are herself and the viewer, and the story itself is in her illustrations. The exhibit will feature over 30 pieces of her work.
After recent bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, Hill discovered that her artistic style changed for the better, allowing her to reach higher standards of artistic ability. She was born into a creative family, and after her mother passed away last spring, she was encouraged to pursue portrait drawing, influencing much of the work for this show.
To see more of Hill’s artwork, visit her website. The exhibit will be on display in the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery until November 29.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”