Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Over 60 St. John Fisher College students, faculty, and staff participated in the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Sunday, September 30, in downtown Rochester. Fisher’s team raised a total of $1,350.
The annual event attracted 9,000 walkers. ACS estimated that $805,000 was raised in Rochester. Donations are used toward the fight against cancer through research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
According to ACS, since the event began 20 years ago, breast cancer death rates have declined more than 32 percent.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference