Underground Railroad Tour, Limited Spots
On Tuesday, September 25, the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs is sponsoring a guided tour by AKWAABA: The Heritage Associates along the underground railroad. There are 40 spots available for the tour, so students are encouraged to reserve a spot early.
A tour guide will meet the group in front of the Rochester Radisson Riverside Hotel on Main Street and make stops along the railroad. From the Main Street Bridge, the Reynolds Arcade, the Talman Block of Buildings, to the Genesee River, students will learn about Rochester’s historic role in the underground railroad. Additionally, they will learn about Frederick Douglass’ role in the local railroad history. The tour will conclude at the Radisson Riverside Hotel for a historical presentation and a viewing of the Austin Steward mural.
Interested attendees can reserve a spot through the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs in Basil 117. A $5.00 deposit will secure a spot for the tour, and will be refunded after the tour. For more information, call (585) 385-8378.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History