Underground Railroad Tour, Limited Spots
On Tuesday, September 25, the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs is sponsoring a guided tour by AKWAABA: The Heritage Associates along the underground railroad. There are 40 spots available for the tour, so students are encouraged to reserve a spot early.
A tour guide will meet the group in front of the Rochester Radisson Riverside Hotel on Main Street and make stops along the railroad. From the Main Street Bridge, the Reynolds Arcade, the Talman Block of Buildings, to the Genesee River, students will learn about Rochester’s historic role in the underground railroad. Additionally, they will learn about Frederick Douglass’ role in the local railroad history. The tour will conclude at the Radisson Riverside Hotel for a historical presentation and a viewing of the Austin Steward mural.
Interested attendees can reserve a spot through the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs in Basil 117. A $5.00 deposit will secure a spot for the tour, and will be refunded after the tour. For more information, call (585) 385-8378.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students