Underground Railroad Tour, Limited Spots
On Tuesday, September 25, the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs is sponsoring a guided tour by AKWAABA: The Heritage Associates along the underground railroad. There are 40 spots available for the tour, so students are encouraged to reserve a spot early.
A tour guide will meet the group in front of the Rochester Radisson Riverside Hotel on Main Street and make stops along the railroad. From the Main Street Bridge, the Reynolds Arcade, the Talman Block of Buildings, to the Genesee River, students will learn about Rochester’s historic role in the underground railroad. Additionally, they will learn about Frederick Douglass’ role in the local railroad history. The tour will conclude at the Radisson Riverside Hotel for a historical presentation and a viewing of the Austin Steward mural.
Interested attendees can reserve a spot through the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs in Basil 117. A $5.00 deposit will secure a spot for the tour, and will be refunded after the tour. For more information, call (585) 385-8378.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine