Underground Railroad Tour, Limited Spots
On Tuesday, September 25, the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs is sponsoring a guided tour by AKWAABA: The Heritage Associates along the underground railroad. There are 40 spots available for the tour, so students are encouraged to reserve a spot early.
A tour guide will meet the group in front of the Rochester Radisson Riverside Hotel on Main Street and make stops along the railroad. From the Main Street Bridge, the Reynolds Arcade, the Talman Block of Buildings, to the Genesee River, students will learn about Rochester’s historic role in the underground railroad. Additionally, they will learn about Frederick Douglass’ role in the local railroad history. The tour will conclude at the Radisson Riverside Hotel for a historical presentation and a viewing of the Austin Steward mural.
Interested attendees can reserve a spot through the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs in Basil 117. A $5.00 deposit will secure a spot for the tour, and will be refunded after the tour. For more information, call (585) 385-8378.
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course