Biology Department News
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Dr. Maryann Herman and Dr. Kristin Picardo, both Assistant Professors of Biology, attended the regional conference of the American Society for Microbiology in Amherst, NY. Six biology majors also attended, four of whom presented novel research that they had completed with either Dr. Herman or Dr. Picardo.
Aaron Spacher’s research dealt with “Isolation and Identification of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacterial Samples from Lake Ontario.” Steven Karnyski and Peter Krysztof presented research entitled “Analysis of Bacteria in a Local Wastewater Treatment Plant for Antibiotic Resistance: A Public Concern?” And finally, Samantha Kelly’s research focused on “Identification of Microorganisms Associated with Removable Orthodontic Appliances in College Students.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study