Biology Department News
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Dr. Maryann Herman and Dr. Kristin Picardo, both Assistant Professors of Biology, attended the regional conference of the American Society for Microbiology in Amherst, NY. Six biology majors also attended, four of whom presented novel research that they had completed with either Dr. Herman or Dr. Picardo.
Aaron Spacher’s research dealt with “Isolation and Identification of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacterial Samples from Lake Ontario.” Steven Karnyski and Peter Krysztof presented research entitled “Analysis of Bacteria in a Local Wastewater Treatment Plant for Antibiotic Resistance: A Public Concern?” And finally, Samantha Kelly’s research focused on “Identification of Microorganisms Associated with Removable Orthodontic Appliances in College Students.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine