Biology Department News
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Dr. Maryann Herman and Dr. Kristin Picardo, both Assistant Professors of Biology, attended the regional conference of the American Society for Microbiology in Amherst, NY. Six biology majors also attended, four of whom presented novel research that they had completed with either Dr. Herman or Dr. Picardo.
Aaron Spacher’s research dealt with “Isolation and Identification of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacterial Samples from Lake Ontario.” Steven Karnyski and Peter Krysztof presented research entitled “Analysis of Bacteria in a Local Wastewater Treatment Plant for Antibiotic Resistance: A Public Concern?” And finally, Samantha Kelly’s research focused on “Identification of Microorganisms Associated with Removable Orthodontic Appliances in College Students.”
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence