Biology Department News
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Dr. Maryann Herman and Dr. Kristin Picardo, both Assistant Professors of Biology, attended the regional conference of the American Society for Microbiology in Amherst, NY. Six biology majors also attended, four of whom presented novel research that they had completed with either Dr. Herman or Dr. Picardo.
Aaron Spacher’s research dealt with “Isolation and Identification of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacterial Samples from Lake Ontario.” Steven Karnyski and Peter Krysztof presented research entitled “Analysis of Bacteria in a Local Wastewater Treatment Plant for Antibiotic Resistance: A Public Concern?” And finally, Samantha Kelly’s research focused on “Identification of Microorganisms Associated with Removable Orthodontic Appliances in College Students.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team