Biology Department News
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Dr. Maryann Herman and Dr. Kristin Picardo, both Assistant Professors of Biology, attended the regional conference of the American Society for Microbiology in Amherst, NY. Six biology majors also attended, four of whom presented novel research that they had completed with either Dr. Herman or Dr. Picardo.
Aaron Spacher’s research dealt with “Isolation and Identification of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacterial Samples from Lake Ontario.” Steven Karnyski and Peter Krysztof presented research entitled “Analysis of Bacteria in a Local Wastewater Treatment Plant for Antibiotic Resistance: A Public Concern?” And finally, Samantha Kelly’s research focused on “Identification of Microorganisms Associated with Removable Orthodontic Appliances in College Students.”
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship