Fisher Goes Green…Early
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee is asking the campus community to go green a little early. On Thursday, March 14, the committee will host the 5th annual “Fisher Goes Green: Recycling & Sustainability Fair” in the Campus Center Main Stage from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Items that will be accepted for recycling include computers, televisions, cell phones, printers, microwaves, household batteries, ink cartridges, compact fluorescent light bulbs, DVDs (in cases), and more.
The committee is also encouraging people to donate reusable items including clothing, non-perishable foods, and hygiene and household supplies, which will benefit a local charity. A new addition to the drive this year is the idea of adopting reusable water bottles. Donated reusable water bottles can be dropped off to Linda Seavy in Lavery Library prior to the event.
A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute lot located between the Haffey Hall steps and the I Lot.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery (RCR&R), Waste Management, and Clean Harbors.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students