Fisher Goes Green…Early
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee is asking the campus community to go green a little early. On Thursday, March 14, the committee will host the 5th annual “Fisher Goes Green: Recycling & Sustainability Fair” in the Campus Center Main Stage from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Items that will be accepted for recycling include computers, televisions, cell phones, printers, microwaves, household batteries, ink cartridges, compact fluorescent light bulbs, DVDs (in cases), and more.
The committee is also encouraging people to donate reusable items including clothing, non-perishable foods, and hygiene and household supplies, which will benefit a local charity. A new addition to the drive this year is the idea of adopting reusable water bottles. Donated reusable water bottles can be dropped off to Linda Seavy in Lavery Library prior to the event.
A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute lot located between the Haffey Hall steps and the I Lot.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery (RCR&R), Waste Management, and Clean Harbors.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program