Fisher Goes Green…Early
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee is asking the campus community to go green a little early. On Thursday, March 14, the committee will host the 5th annual “Fisher Goes Green: Recycling & Sustainability Fair” in the Campus Center Main Stage from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Items that will be accepted for recycling include computers, televisions, cell phones, printers, microwaves, household batteries, ink cartridges, compact fluorescent light bulbs, DVDs (in cases), and more.
The committee is also encouraging people to donate reusable items including clothing, non-perishable foods, and hygiene and household supplies, which will benefit a local charity. A new addition to the drive this year is the idea of adopting reusable water bottles. Donated reusable water bottles can be dropped off to Linda Seavy in Lavery Library prior to the event.
A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute lot located between the Haffey Hall steps and the I Lot.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery (RCR&R), Waste Management, and Clean Harbors.
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule