Fisher Goes Green…Early
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee is asking the campus community to go green a little early. On Thursday, March 14, the committee will host the 5th annual “Fisher Goes Green: Recycling & Sustainability Fair” in the Campus Center Main Stage from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Items that will be accepted for recycling include computers, televisions, cell phones, printers, microwaves, household batteries, ink cartridges, compact fluorescent light bulbs, DVDs (in cases), and more.
The committee is also encouraging people to donate reusable items including clothing, non-perishable foods, and hygiene and household supplies, which will benefit a local charity. A new addition to the drive this year is the idea of adopting reusable water bottles. Donated reusable water bottles can be dropped off to Linda Seavy in Lavery Library prior to the event.
A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute lot located between the Haffey Hall steps and the I Lot.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery (RCR&R), Waste Management, and Clean Harbors.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference