Fisher Goes Green…Early
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee is asking the campus community to go green a little early. On Thursday, March 14, the committee will host the 5th annual “Fisher Goes Green: Recycling & Sustainability Fair” in the Campus Center Main Stage from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Items that will be accepted for recycling include computers, televisions, cell phones, printers, microwaves, household batteries, ink cartridges, compact fluorescent light bulbs, DVDs (in cases), and more.
The committee is also encouraging people to donate reusable items including clothing, non-perishable foods, and hygiene and household supplies, which will benefit a local charity. A new addition to the drive this year is the idea of adopting reusable water bottles. Donated reusable water bottles can be dropped off to Linda Seavy in Lavery Library prior to the event.
A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute lot located between the Haffey Hall steps and the I Lot.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Regional Computer Recycling & Recovery (RCR&R), Waste Management, and Clean Harbors.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International