Llewellyn Publishes Sixth Book
Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate programs in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education (GMST), recently published his sixth book, Teaching High School Science through Inquiry and Argumentation, 2nd ed.
The book focuses on how science teachers in grades 9-12 can implement the new national science standards and integrate scientific inquiry with argumentation. The strategies, suggested activities, and case studies in Llewellyn’s book align with the new Common Core State Standards and the National Research Council’s A Framework for K-12 Science Education.
Llewellyn has been invited to present a workshop on scientific argumentation at the National Science Teachers Association annual conference in San Antonio, TX, this spring. In addition, he has two articles on argumentation and student motivation slated for publication in Science Scope and The Science Teacher.
Corwin Press published Llewellyn’s most recent book, as well as two of his other books, Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry-Based Science Standards in Grades 3–8 and Differentiated Science Inquiry.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students