Llewellyn Publishes Sixth Book
Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate programs in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education (GMST), recently published his sixth book, Teaching High School Science through Inquiry and Argumentation, 2nd ed.
The book focuses on how science teachers in grades 9-12 can implement the new national science standards and integrate scientific inquiry with argumentation. The strategies, suggested activities, and case studies in Llewellyn’s book align with the new Common Core State Standards and the National Research Council’s A Framework for K-12 Science Education.
Llewellyn has been invited to present a workshop on scientific argumentation at the National Science Teachers Association annual conference in San Antonio, TX, this spring. In addition, he has two articles on argumentation and student motivation slated for publication in Science Scope and The Science Teacher.
Corwin Press published Llewellyn’s most recent book, as well as two of his other books, Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry-Based Science Standards in Grades 3–8 and Differentiated Science Inquiry.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy