Llewellyn Publishes Sixth Book
Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate programs in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education (GMST), recently published his sixth book, Teaching High School Science through Inquiry and Argumentation, 2nd ed.
The book focuses on how science teachers in grades 9-12 can implement the new national science standards and integrate scientific inquiry with argumentation. The strategies, suggested activities, and case studies in Llewellyn’s book align with the new Common Core State Standards and the National Research Council’s A Framework for K-12 Science Education.
Llewellyn has been invited to present a workshop on scientific argumentation at the National Science Teachers Association annual conference in San Antonio, TX, this spring. In addition, he has two articles on argumentation and student motivation slated for publication in Science Scope and The Science Teacher.
Corwin Press published Llewellyn’s most recent book, as well as two of his other books, Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry-Based Science Standards in Grades 3–8 and Differentiated Science Inquiry.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement