Llewellyn Publishes Sixth Book
Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate programs in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education (GMST), recently published his sixth book, Teaching High School Science through Inquiry and Argumentation, 2nd ed.
The book focuses on how science teachers in grades 9-12 can implement the new national science standards and integrate scientific inquiry with argumentation. The strategies, suggested activities, and case studies in Llewellyn’s book align with the new Common Core State Standards and the National Research Council’s A Framework for K-12 Science Education.
Llewellyn has been invited to present a workshop on scientific argumentation at the National Science Teachers Association annual conference in San Antonio, TX, this spring. In addition, he has two articles on argumentation and student motivation slated for publication in Science Scope and The Science Teacher.
Corwin Press published Llewellyn’s most recent book, as well as two of his other books, Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry-Based Science Standards in Grades 3–8 and Differentiated Science Inquiry.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium