Llewellyn Publishes Sixth Book
Douglas Llewellyn, adjunct faculty member for the graduate programs in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education (GMST), recently published his sixth book, Teaching High School Science through Inquiry and Argumentation, 2nd ed.
The book focuses on how science teachers in grades 9-12 can implement the new national science standards and integrate scientific inquiry with argumentation. The strategies, suggested activities, and case studies in Llewellyn’s book align with the new Common Core State Standards and the National Research Council’s A Framework for K-12 Science Education.
Llewellyn has been invited to present a workshop on scientific argumentation at the National Science Teachers Association annual conference in San Antonio, TX, this spring. In addition, he has two articles on argumentation and student motivation slated for publication in Science Scope and The Science Teacher.
Corwin Press published Llewellyn’s most recent book, as well as two of his other books, Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry-Based Science Standards in Grades 3–8 and Differentiated Science Inquiry.
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling