Financial Aid Corner
It’s the time of year when students need to start thinking about filing their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014-15 academic year.
The FAFSA must be completed every year in order to be considered for financial aid, including loans. Students can begin filing now, and the deadline is April 1.
A few points to note:
- Students/parents who have completed their federal tax return should view and transfer tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing the FAFSA.
- If you have not filed your 2013 federal tax return, estimate 2013 income figures, if necessary, in order to meet the April 1 deadline. Once your tax return has been filed, update the FAFSA with actual income figures using the IRS Data Retrieval process.
The FAFSA can be filed online at www.fafsa.gov. You will need your PIN in order to file. Duplicate PINS can be requested at www.pin.ed.gov. The federal school code for St. John Fisher College is 002821.
If you have any questions regarding the FAFSA or the application process, please contact the College’s Financial Aid Office at 585-385-8042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine