Financial Aid Corner
It’s the time of year when students need to start thinking about filing their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014-15 academic year.
The FAFSA must be completed every year in order to be considered for financial aid, including loans. Students can begin filing now, and the deadline is April 1.
A few points to note:
- Students/parents who have completed their federal tax return should view and transfer tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing the FAFSA.
- If you have not filed your 2013 federal tax return, estimate 2013 income figures, if necessary, in order to meet the April 1 deadline. Once your tax return has been filed, update the FAFSA with actual income figures using the IRS Data Retrieval process.
The FAFSA can be filed online at www.fafsa.gov. You will need your PIN in order to file. Duplicate PINS can be requested at www.pin.ed.gov. The federal school code for St. John Fisher College is 002821.
If you have any questions regarding the FAFSA or the application process, please contact the College’s Financial Aid Office at 585-385-8042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club