Ricca Leads Workshop, Presents at ACS Regional Meeting
On September 30, Dr. Bernard Ricca, Director of the Graduate Program in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, led a workshop at the American Chemical Society (ACS) North East Regional Meeting’s (NERM) Science Teacher Day. The annual meeting took place September 30-October 3.
His presentation, “Inquiry in Physics,” focused on the growing emphasis on scientific practices in K-12 settings, and ways teachers can help students develop those practices. Science Teacher Day is part of the annual meeting, and Fisher was the only college to have a faculty member lead a workshop during that day.
On October 2, Ricca made a presentation about the National Science Foundation (NSF) Robert Noyce Scholar Program and the Fisher Scholars for Rural Schools grant. His presentation was entitled, “NSF’s Robert Noyce Science Foundation: An opportunity to increase content depth.” It highlighted the key features of the College’s Robert Noyce Scholar grant, and shared some lessons learned. Ricca’s presentation was part of the “NSF Catalyzed Innovation in Undergraduate Education” session at the meeting.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society, and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students