Ricca Leads Workshop, Presents at ACS Regional Meeting
On September 30, Dr. Bernard Ricca, Director of the Graduate Program in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, led a workshop at the American Chemical Society (ACS) North East Regional Meeting’s (NERM) Science Teacher Day. The annual meeting took place September 30-October 3.
His presentation, “Inquiry in Physics,” focused on the growing emphasis on scientific practices in K-12 settings, and ways teachers can help students develop those practices. Science Teacher Day is part of the annual meeting, and Fisher was the only college to have a faculty member lead a workshop during that day.
On October 2, Ricca made a presentation about the National Science Foundation (NSF) Robert Noyce Scholar Program and the Fisher Scholars for Rural Schools grant. His presentation was entitled, “NSF’s Robert Noyce Science Foundation: An opportunity to increase content depth.” It highlighted the key features of the College’s Robert Noyce Scholar grant, and shared some lessons learned. Ricca’s presentation was part of the “NSF Catalyzed Innovation in Undergraduate Education” session at the meeting.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society, and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation