Ricca Leads Workshop, Presents at ACS Regional Meeting
On September 30, Dr. Bernard Ricca, Director of the Graduate Program in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, led a workshop at the American Chemical Society (ACS) North East Regional Meeting’s (NERM) Science Teacher Day. The annual meeting took place September 30-October 3.
His presentation, “Inquiry in Physics,” focused on the growing emphasis on scientific practices in K-12 settings, and ways teachers can help students develop those practices. Science Teacher Day is part of the annual meeting, and Fisher was the only college to have a faculty member lead a workshop during that day.
On October 2, Ricca made a presentation about the National Science Foundation (NSF) Robert Noyce Scholar Program and the Fisher Scholars for Rural Schools grant. His presentation was entitled, “NSF’s Robert Noyce Science Foundation: An opportunity to increase content depth.” It highlighted the key features of the College’s Robert Noyce Scholar grant, and shared some lessons learned. Ricca’s presentation was part of the “NSF Catalyzed Innovation in Undergraduate Education” session at the meeting.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society, and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year