Ricca Leads Workshop, Presents at ACS Regional Meeting
On September 30, Dr. Bernard Ricca, Director of the Graduate Program in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, led a workshop at the American Chemical Society (ACS) North East Regional Meeting’s (NERM) Science Teacher Day. The annual meeting took place September 30-October 3.
His presentation, “Inquiry in Physics,” focused on the growing emphasis on scientific practices in K-12 settings, and ways teachers can help students develop those practices. Science Teacher Day is part of the annual meeting, and Fisher was the only college to have a faculty member lead a workshop during that day.
On October 2, Ricca made a presentation about the National Science Foundation (NSF) Robert Noyce Scholar Program and the Fisher Scholars for Rural Schools grant. His presentation was entitled, “NSF’s Robert Noyce Science Foundation: An opportunity to increase content depth.” It highlighted the key features of the College’s Robert Noyce Scholar grant, and shared some lessons learned. Ricca’s presentation was part of the “NSF Catalyzed Innovation in Undergraduate Education” session at the meeting.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society, and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems