Ricca Leads Workshop, Presents at ACS Regional Meeting
On September 30, Dr. Bernard Ricca, Director of the Graduate Program in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, led a workshop at the American Chemical Society (ACS) North East Regional Meeting’s (NERM) Science Teacher Day. The annual meeting took place September 30-October 3.
His presentation, “Inquiry in Physics,” focused on the growing emphasis on scientific practices in K-12 settings, and ways teachers can help students develop those practices. Science Teacher Day is part of the annual meeting, and Fisher was the only college to have a faculty member lead a workshop during that day.
On October 2, Ricca made a presentation about the National Science Foundation (NSF) Robert Noyce Scholar Program and the Fisher Scholars for Rural Schools grant. His presentation was entitled, “NSF’s Robert Noyce Science Foundation: An opportunity to increase content depth.” It highlighted the key features of the College’s Robert Noyce Scholar grant, and shared some lessons learned. Ricca’s presentation was part of the “NSF Catalyzed Innovation in Undergraduate Education” session at the meeting.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society, and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International