Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
Dr. Greg Cunningham, Associate Professor of Biology, was recently named as the visiting faculty member at the Central College Abroad’s (CCA) program in the Yucatan in Merida, Mexico for the fall 2014 semester. CCA is one of the College’s three study abroad providers, and the Yucatan program is available to Fisher students.
Cunningham has traveled to the Hawaiian Islands, sub-Antarctic, South Africa, and Central America for his research in avian behavior and sensory biology. While in the Yucatan, Cunningham will teach a course in tropical animal behavior and a course in human anatomy and physiology and the effects of tropical disease.
"I am very excited for this opportunity to teach and live in Mexico. Merida is a beautiful city with a rich history and a diverse culture. Students in my Animal Behavior class will be given opportunities to learn and study wild animals not encountered in Rochester. Tropical Disease students will be able to interact with local healthcare providers and learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities that medical professionals face in Mexico," said Cunningham.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”