Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
Dr. Greg Cunningham, Associate Professor of Biology, was recently named as the visiting faculty member at the Central College Abroad’s (CCA) program in the Yucatan in Merida, Mexico for the fall 2014 semester. CCA is one of the College’s three study abroad providers, and the Yucatan program is available to Fisher students.
Cunningham has traveled to the Hawaiian Islands, sub-Antarctic, South Africa, and Central America for his research in avian behavior and sensory biology. While in the Yucatan, Cunningham will teach a course in tropical animal behavior and a course in human anatomy and physiology and the effects of tropical disease.
"I am very excited for this opportunity to teach and live in Mexico. Merida is a beautiful city with a rich history and a diverse culture. Students in my Animal Behavior class will be given opportunities to learn and study wild animals not encountered in Rochester. Tropical Disease students will be able to interact with local healthcare providers and learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities that medical professionals face in Mexico," said Cunningham.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company