Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
Dr. Greg Cunningham, Associate Professor of Biology, was recently named as the visiting faculty member at the Central College Abroad’s (CCA) program in the Yucatan in Merida, Mexico for the fall 2014 semester. CCA is one of the College’s three study abroad providers, and the Yucatan program is available to Fisher students.
Cunningham has traveled to the Hawaiian Islands, sub-Antarctic, South Africa, and Central America for his research in avian behavior and sensory biology. While in the Yucatan, Cunningham will teach a course in tropical animal behavior and a course in human anatomy and physiology and the effects of tropical disease.
"I am very excited for this opportunity to teach and live in Mexico. Merida is a beautiful city with a rich history and a diverse culture. Students in my Animal Behavior class will be given opportunities to learn and study wild animals not encountered in Rochester. Tropical Disease students will be able to interact with local healthcare providers and learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities that medical professionals face in Mexico," said Cunningham.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades