Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
Dr. Greg Cunningham, Associate Professor of Biology, was recently named as the visiting faculty member at the Central College Abroad’s (CCA) program in the Yucatan in Merida, Mexico for the fall 2014 semester. CCA is one of the College’s three study abroad providers, and the Yucatan program is available to Fisher students.
Cunningham has traveled to the Hawaiian Islands, sub-Antarctic, South Africa, and Central America for his research in avian behavior and sensory biology. While in the Yucatan, Cunningham will teach a course in tropical animal behavior and a course in human anatomy and physiology and the effects of tropical disease.
"I am very excited for this opportunity to teach and live in Mexico. Merida is a beautiful city with a rich history and a diverse culture. Students in my Animal Behavior class will be given opportunities to learn and study wild animals not encountered in Rochester. Tropical Disease students will be able to interact with local healthcare providers and learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities that medical professionals face in Mexico," said Cunningham.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain