Karate Tournament to Fund Anthropology Scholarship
St. John Fisher College will once again host the D'Agostino Karate Tournament on Sunday, March 30. The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (formerly known as the Student Life Center) from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and proceeds will benefit the Anthony C. D’Agostino Anthropology Scholarship.
The tournament includes competitive divisions according to age, rank, and gender, with events in forms, oriental weapons, and sparring. Registration is now open to all styles of karate, and competitor registration is $45. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three competitors in each division.
The scholarship honors the memory of Dr. Anthony C. D’Agostino, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anthropology at Fisher from 1969-1997. It supports anthropology majors who exemplify a love of learning as demonstrated through their academic and personal pursuits.
Admission will be $8 for ages 9 and older ($5 with Fisher ID), $5 for 6-8 years old, and children under 5 years of age are admitted for free. Concessions will be provided by the College’s Anthropology Club.
For more information about the tournament, contact Sensei Justin Tubiolo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sensei Matt Dorsey, at 585-475-9250. For more information about the scholarship, contact Libby Pinti in the Office of Alumni and Development, at 585-385-7350.
Latest College News Stories
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List