Karate Tournament to Fund Anthropology Scholarship
St. John Fisher College will once again host the D'Agostino Karate Tournament on Sunday, March 30. The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (formerly known as the Student Life Center) from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and proceeds will benefit the Anthony C. D’Agostino Anthropology Scholarship.
The tournament includes competitive divisions according to age, rank, and gender, with events in forms, oriental weapons, and sparring. Registration is now open to all styles of karate, and competitor registration is $45. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three competitors in each division.
The scholarship honors the memory of Dr. Anthony C. D’Agostino, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anthropology at Fisher from 1969-1997. It supports anthropology majors who exemplify a love of learning as demonstrated through their academic and personal pursuits.
Admission will be $8 for ages 9 and older ($5 with Fisher ID), $5 for 6-8 years old, and children under 5 years of age are admitted for free. Concessions will be provided by the College’s Anthropology Club.
For more information about the tournament, contact Sensei Justin Tubiolo (email@example.com) or Sensei Matt Dorsey, at 585-475-9250. For more information about the scholarship, contact Libby Pinti in the Office of Alumni and Development, at 585-385-7350.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!