Boller Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
St. John Fisher College’s Lavery Library recently presented Dr. Mike Boller, Assistant Professor of Biology, with the 4th Annual Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award.
The award is named for Szarejko ’80, in recognition of his support for the library. It is given to a Fisher faculty member who actively supports information literacy. All faculty members are eligible for the award, with the exception of the library committee members.
According to the committee, Boller “has been a dedicated advocate for advancing the information literacy skills of his biology students, and in shaping the evolution of information literacy in the Biology Department of St. John Fisher College. He places a high value on information literacy at all levels of his teaching: freshmen to seniors, and majors and non-majors alike. He firmly believes that ‘navigating the ocean of information is one of the most critical skills a student should obtain from their college education.’”
Previous Szarejko Award winners include Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor, Biology; Dr. Susan Shultz, Associate Professor and Program Director, M.S. Special Education; and Dr. Stephen Brauer, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation