Boller Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
St. John Fisher College’s Lavery Library recently presented Dr. Mike Boller, Assistant Professor of Biology, with the 4th Annual Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award.
The award is named for Szarejko ’80, in recognition of his support for the library. It is given to a Fisher faculty member who actively supports information literacy. All faculty members are eligible for the award, with the exception of the library committee members.
According to the committee, Boller “has been a dedicated advocate for advancing the information literacy skills of his biology students, and in shaping the evolution of information literacy in the Biology Department of St. John Fisher College. He places a high value on information literacy at all levels of his teaching: freshmen to seniors, and majors and non-majors alike. He firmly believes that ‘navigating the ocean of information is one of the most critical skills a student should obtain from their college education.’”
Previous Szarejko Award winners include Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor, Biology; Dr. Susan Shultz, Associate Professor and Program Director, M.S. Special Education; and Dr. Stephen Brauer, Associate Professor of English.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History