Boller Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
St. John Fisher College’s Lavery Library recently presented Dr. Mike Boller, Assistant Professor of Biology, with the 4th Annual Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award.
The award is named for Szarejko ’80, in recognition of his support for the library. It is given to a Fisher faculty member who actively supports information literacy. All faculty members are eligible for the award, with the exception of the library committee members.
According to the committee, Boller “has been a dedicated advocate for advancing the information literacy skills of his biology students, and in shaping the evolution of information literacy in the Biology Department of St. John Fisher College. He places a high value on information literacy at all levels of his teaching: freshmen to seniors, and majors and non-majors alike. He firmly believes that ‘navigating the ocean of information is one of the most critical skills a student should obtain from their college education.’”
Previous Szarejko Award winners include Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor, Biology; Dr. Susan Shultz, Associate Professor and Program Director, M.S. Special Education; and Dr. Stephen Brauer, Associate Professor of English.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine