Boller Wins Szarejko Information Literacy Award
St. John Fisher College’s Lavery Library recently presented Dr. Mike Boller, Assistant Professor of Biology, with the 4th Annual Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award.
The award is named for Szarejko ’80, in recognition of his support for the library. It is given to a Fisher faculty member who actively supports information literacy. All faculty members are eligible for the award, with the exception of the library committee members.
According to the committee, Boller “has been a dedicated advocate for advancing the information literacy skills of his biology students, and in shaping the evolution of information literacy in the Biology Department of St. John Fisher College. He places a high value on information literacy at all levels of his teaching: freshmen to seniors, and majors and non-majors alike. He firmly believes that ‘navigating the ocean of information is one of the most critical skills a student should obtain from their college education.’”
Previous Szarejko Award winners include Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor, Biology; Dr. Susan Shultz, Associate Professor and Program Director, M.S. Special Education; and Dr. Stephen Brauer, Associate Professor of English.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference