Miller Smith Selected to Participate in National Endowment for the Humanities Institute
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, has been selected to participate as a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Scholar and will attend a federally funded three-week institute at the University of Kansas (KU) focused on African-American poetry. She will join 24 college and university teachers from across the nation for the institute beginning July 14.
“Don’t Deny My Voice: Reading and Teaching African American Poetry” will run through August 3, and is part of a 15-month program funded by a NEH grant to KU’s Project on the History of Black Writing.
Maryemma Graham, University Distinguished Professor of English at KU, directs the institute, which is a collaboration with the Furious Flower Poetry Center of James Madison University, directed by Joanne Gabbin.
Miller Smith will join colleagues from institutions including the University of Kentucky, Hampton University, Albany State University, Mount Mercy University, Salisbury University, Boise State University, Howard University, Arizona State University, and the University of Texas, to name a few.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins