Miller Smith Selected to Participate in National Endowment for the Humanities Institute
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, has been selected to participate as a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Scholar and will attend a federally funded three-week institute at the University of Kansas (KU) focused on African-American poetry. She will join 24 college and university teachers from across the nation for the institute beginning July 14.
“Don’t Deny My Voice: Reading and Teaching African American Poetry” will run through August 3, and is part of a 15-month program funded by a NEH grant to KU’s Project on the History of Black Writing.
Maryemma Graham, University Distinguished Professor of English at KU, directs the institute, which is a collaboration with the Furious Flower Poetry Center of James Madison University, directed by Joanne Gabbin.
Miller Smith will join colleagues from institutions including the University of Kentucky, Hampton University, Albany State University, Mount Mercy University, Salisbury University, Boise State University, Howard University, Arizona State University, and the University of Texas, to name a few.
Latest College News Stories
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex