Departments Collaborate on Publication
A recent research and teaching collaboration among students, alumni, and faculty from the College’s Biology Department, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy has led to an article being accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
Tia Lum, a Pharm.D. candidate graduating this May, was mentored by Dr. Jill Lavigne, and Amber Barnello ’12, a recently Biology graduate was mentored by Dr. Kristin Picardo. Dr. Theresa Westbay and Lynn Fine, Ph.D., MPH, a University of Rochester collaborator also worked on the project.
The article, “Self-screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization as a component of hand hygiene education,” will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal.
Barnello’s primary role was to execute the bench research and analyze data, while Lum took the lead on writing the paper.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Sport Management Program Receives National Accreditation
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Healthy Living Sustainability Fair Set for Oct. 6
- It’s Never Too Early for a Fisher Education
- Best Bets for Alumni Weekend 2016
- Accounting Club Hosts 35th Annual Golf Tournament
- Fisher Storms Back to Win Courage Bowl XII