Departments Collaborate on Publication
A recent research and teaching collaboration among students, alumni, and faculty from the College’s Biology Department, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy has led to an article being accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
Tia Lum, a Pharm.D. candidate graduating this May, was mentored by Dr. Jill Lavigne, and Amber Barnello ’12, a recently Biology graduate was mentored by Dr. Kristin Picardo. Dr. Theresa Westbay and Lynn Fine, Ph.D., MPH, a University of Rochester collaborator also worked on the project.
The article, “Self-screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization as a component of hand hygiene education,” will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal.
Barnello’s primary role was to execute the bench research and analyze data, while Lum took the lead on writing the paper.
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling