Departments Collaborate on Publication
A recent research and teaching collaboration among students, alumni, and faculty from the College’s Biology Department, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy has led to an article being accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
Tia Lum, a Pharm.D. candidate graduating this May, was mentored by Dr. Jill Lavigne, and Amber Barnello ’12, a recently Biology graduate was mentored by Dr. Kristin Picardo. Dr. Theresa Westbay and Lynn Fine, Ph.D., MPH, a University of Rochester collaborator also worked on the project.
The article, “Self-screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization as a component of hand hygiene education,” will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal.
Barnello’s primary role was to execute the bench research and analyze data, while Lum took the lead on writing the paper.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video