Departments Collaborate on Publication
A recent research and teaching collaboration among students, alumni, and faculty from the College’s Biology Department, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy has led to an article being accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
Tia Lum, a Pharm.D. candidate graduating this May, was mentored by Dr. Jill Lavigne, and Amber Barnello ’12, a recently Biology graduate was mentored by Dr. Kristin Picardo. Dr. Theresa Westbay and Lynn Fine, Ph.D., MPH, a University of Rochester collaborator also worked on the project.
The article, “Self-screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization as a component of hand hygiene education,” will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal.
Barnello’s primary role was to execute the bench research and analyze data, while Lum took the lead on writing the paper.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition