Departments Collaborate on Publication
A recent research and teaching collaboration among students, alumni, and faculty from the College’s Biology Department, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy has led to an article being accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
Tia Lum, a Pharm.D. candidate graduating this May, was mentored by Dr. Jill Lavigne, and Amber Barnello ’12, a recently Biology graduate was mentored by Dr. Kristin Picardo. Dr. Theresa Westbay and Lynn Fine, Ph.D., MPH, a University of Rochester collaborator also worked on the project.
The article, “Self-screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization as a component of hand hygiene education,” will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal.
Barnello’s primary role was to execute the bench research and analyze data, while Lum took the lead on writing the paper.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference