Statistics Student to Participate in Prestigious Summer Institute
Matthew Doell, a Statistics major and Science Scholar, has been admitted to the 2013 Summer Institute in Biostatistics, a six-week experience at the University of South Florida Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He is one of only 12 undergraduate students from across the nation to be admitted.
Students will spend the six weeks of the Summer Institute working with biostatisticians, clinicians, and epidemiologists as they conduct medical, health, and clinical research. The program includes lectures, laboratory exercises, team projects, and field trips designed to introduce students to a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological concepts. Research areas covered in the Institute include: Epidemiology, Data and Statistical Software, Clinical Trials, AIDS Clinical Trials and Modeling, Behavioral and Mental Health and Evidence-Based Medicine, Genomics and Medical Genetics, and Aging Studies and Biomarkers.
The Institute is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement