Statistics Student to Participate in Prestigious Summer Institute
Matthew Doell, a Statistics major and Science Scholar, has been admitted to the 2013 Summer Institute in Biostatistics, a six-week experience at the University of South Florida Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He is one of only 12 undergraduate students from across the nation to be admitted.
Students will spend the six weeks of the Summer Institute working with biostatisticians, clinicians, and epidemiologists as they conduct medical, health, and clinical research. The program includes lectures, laboratory exercises, team projects, and field trips designed to introduce students to a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological concepts. Research areas covered in the Institute include: Epidemiology, Data and Statistical Software, Clinical Trials, AIDS Clinical Trials and Modeling, Behavioral and Mental Health and Evidence-Based Medicine, Genomics and Medical Genetics, and Aging Studies and Biomarkers.
The Institute is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program