Statistics Student to Participate in Prestigious Summer Institute
Matthew Doell, a Statistics major and Science Scholar, has been admitted to the 2013 Summer Institute in Biostatistics, a six-week experience at the University of South Florida Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He is one of only 12 undergraduate students from across the nation to be admitted.
Students will spend the six weeks of the Summer Institute working with biostatisticians, clinicians, and epidemiologists as they conduct medical, health, and clinical research. The program includes lectures, laboratory exercises, team projects, and field trips designed to introduce students to a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological concepts. Research areas covered in the Institute include: Epidemiology, Data and Statistical Software, Clinical Trials, AIDS Clinical Trials and Modeling, Behavioral and Mental Health and Evidence-Based Medicine, Genomics and Medical Genetics, and Aging Studies and Biomarkers.
The Institute is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration