Statistics Student to Participate in Prestigious Summer Institute
Matthew Doell, a Statistics major and Science Scholar, has been admitted to the 2013 Summer Institute in Biostatistics, a six-week experience at the University of South Florida Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He is one of only 12 undergraduate students from across the nation to be admitted.
Students will spend the six weeks of the Summer Institute working with biostatisticians, clinicians, and epidemiologists as they conduct medical, health, and clinical research. The program includes lectures, laboratory exercises, team projects, and field trips designed to introduce students to a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological concepts. Research areas covered in the Institute include: Epidemiology, Data and Statistical Software, Clinical Trials, AIDS Clinical Trials and Modeling, Behavioral and Mental Health and Evidence-Based Medicine, Genomics and Medical Genetics, and Aging Studies and Biomarkers.
The Institute is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”