Statistics Student to Participate in Prestigious Summer Institute
Matthew Doell, a Statistics major and Science Scholar, has been admitted to the 2013 Summer Institute in Biostatistics, a six-week experience at the University of South Florida Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He is one of only 12 undergraduate students from across the nation to be admitted.
Students will spend the six weeks of the Summer Institute working with biostatisticians, clinicians, and epidemiologists as they conduct medical, health, and clinical research. The program includes lectures, laboratory exercises, team projects, and field trips designed to introduce students to a wide range of biostatistical and epidemiological concepts. Research areas covered in the Institute include: Epidemiology, Data and Statistical Software, Clinical Trials, AIDS Clinical Trials and Modeling, Behavioral and Mental Health and Evidence-Based Medicine, Genomics and Medical Genetics, and Aging Studies and Biomarkers.
The Institute is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice