Lakehal-Ayat Named Fulbright Senior Specialist
Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor, Department of Accounting/Finance in the School of Business, has been named a Fulbright Senior Specialist.
The Fulbright Specialist Program is a short-term complement to the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program, and sends U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at overseas academic institutions for a period of two to six weeks.
Lakehal-Ayat’s award was granted for 2013 to 2018 by the Fulbright Scholarship Board, the United States Department of State, and the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). He hopes to use his grant to travel to Asia, Europe, and Africa over the next five years to teach and conduct research. It is his fourth Fulbright Award since 2001.
Lakehal-Ayat received two master’s degrees in International Relations and International Management and an M.B.A. in Finance from the University of Denver. He went on to receive his Ph.D. in International Finance and Economics from the University of Denver, and then his J.D. in Business and Law from Algiers Business and Law School. He has been a faculty member at Fisher since 1986, and currently teaches investment theory and corporate finance-related graduate and undergraduate classes. During his tenure, he has received numerous awards, and has stayed active in the research area through publishing and attending conferences centered on a variety of issues in the field of finance.
Established in 1946 under legislation introduced by the late Senator J. William Fulbright of Arkansas, the program's purpose is to build mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries.
For more than 60 years, the CIES has helped administer the Fulbright Scholar Program, the U.S. government's flagship academic exchange effort, on behalf of the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Founded in 1947, CIES is a division of the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International