Fisher’s Youngest Raise Money on Trikes
The spirit of community service at Fisher reaches even the youngest students at the College. Thirty-one children from the Early Learning Center put on their helmets and rode their trikes, bikes, and three-wheelers on Friday, September 28, to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
It was the third annual “Trike-a-Thon” at the Center, and this year, the children and staff raised nearly $900. Since the event started, the Center has raised over $3,000 for the cause.
The “Trike-A-Thon” is a national week-long safety curriculum and fundraising program that supports St. Jude. The program teaches children valuable riding-toy safety lessons, which they learn through educational materials provided by St. Jude. At the end of the week, they bring their personal bicycles and other riding toys to school to practice what they learned and raise money by riding.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance