Fisher’s Youngest Raise Money on Trikes
The spirit of community service at Fisher reaches even the youngest students at the College. Thirty-one children from the Early Learning Center put on their helmets and rode their trikes, bikes, and three-wheelers on Friday, September 28, to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
It was the third annual “Trike-a-Thon” at the Center, and this year, the children and staff raised nearly $900. Since the event started, the Center has raised over $3,000 for the cause.
The “Trike-A-Thon” is a national week-long safety curriculum and fundraising program that supports St. Jude. The program teaches children valuable riding-toy safety lessons, which they learn through educational materials provided by St. Jude. At the end of the week, they bring their personal bicycles and other riding toys to school to practice what they learned and raise money by riding.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program