Sarachan Publishes Article
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, recently published an article in the January 2013 issue of the Journal of Interactive Learning Research.
“Avatars Talking: The Use of Virtual Worlds Within Communication Courses” explores ways in which Second Life, and other virtual worlds, can be used as a pedagogical tool in communication courses, with a focus on interpersonal and cultural communications. Sarachan collaborated on the article with professors and educational technologists at Glendale Community College, University of the Pacific, and the University of Richmond.
The Journal of Interactive Learning Research publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness, and impact on education and training of a variety of interactive learning environments.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”