Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 4th annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 26. The game raised nearly $2,100 for the organization, doubling last year’s total.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibits the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team had its largest roster to date, with nine players including Rob Kramer, Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Nick Velasco, Tyler Schier, Zach Jones, Chris Sullivan, and Brittany Broderick.
This year, students in the Sales and Client Services class, offered by the Sport Studies Department, helped with ticket sales, event promotion, and raffle donations. Fisher student Ryan Hohensee is also a Rochester Wheels player and helped lead his team to another victory over Fisher with a final score of 60-62.
The St. John Fisher College team.
Rochester Wheels players pose with Fisher players.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video