Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 4th annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 26. The game raised nearly $2,100 for the organization, doubling last year’s total.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibits the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team had its largest roster to date, with nine players including Rob Kramer, Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Nick Velasco, Tyler Schier, Zach Jones, Chris Sullivan, and Brittany Broderick.
This year, students in the Sales and Client Services class, offered by the Sport Studies Department, helped with ticket sales, event promotion, and raffle donations. Fisher student Ryan Hohensee is also a Rochester Wheels player and helped lead his team to another victory over Fisher with a final score of 60-62.
The St. John Fisher College team.
Rochester Wheels players pose with Fisher players.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans