Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 4th annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 26. The game raised nearly $2,100 for the organization, doubling last year’s total.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibits the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team had its largest roster to date, with nine players including Rob Kramer, Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Nick Velasco, Tyler Schier, Zach Jones, Chris Sullivan, and Brittany Broderick.
This year, students in the Sales and Client Services class, offered by the Sport Studies Department, helped with ticket sales, event promotion, and raffle donations. Fisher student Ryan Hohensee is also a Rochester Wheels player and helped lead his team to another victory over Fisher with a final score of 60-62.
The St. John Fisher College team.
Rochester Wheels players pose with Fisher players.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance