Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 4th annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 26. The game raised nearly $2,100 for the organization, doubling last year’s total.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibits the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team had its largest roster to date, with nine players including Rob Kramer, Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Nick Velasco, Tyler Schier, Zach Jones, Chris Sullivan, and Brittany Broderick.
This year, students in the Sales and Client Services class, offered by the Sport Studies Department, helped with ticket sales, event promotion, and raffle donations. Fisher student Ryan Hohensee is also a Rochester Wheels player and helped lead his team to another victory over Fisher with a final score of 60-62.
The St. John Fisher College team.
Rochester Wheels players pose with Fisher players.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study