College Dedicates Nancy Lyons Evarts Classroom in Salerno Center
On Tuesday, June 10, members of the St. John Fisher College administration, Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff gathered to officially dedicate classroom 104 in the Salerno Center in memory of Nancy Lyons Evarts, wife of trustee, Dr. C. McCollister “Mac” Evarts.
President Bain and Vic Salerno ’66, Chairman of the Board, made remarks while Father Al Cylwicki provided a blessing. Evarts spoke fondly of his late wife, Nancy, who passed away in 2013. They met while he was in medical school at the University of Rochester and she was a nurse, practicing and teaching in the University’s School of Nursing. They were married for 58 years, and have three children and 11 grandchildren.
Dr. Evarts joined the College’s Board of Trustees in 2007. He has led a distinguished career in the medical field at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, and at Pennsylvania State University. Twenty years after graduating from the University of Rochester, he returned to head the Department of Orthopaedics. In 2003, he returned and was named Senior Vice President and Vice Provost for Health Affairs and CEO of the Medical Center.
President Bain spoke of Evarts’ dedication during his tenure on the board.
“I appreciate his insight, his wisdom, and certainly his generosity. As part of the Vision 2020 Campaign, Mac stepped up and made the leadership gift that we are honoring here today,” said Bain.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium