College Dedicates Nancy Lyons Evarts Classroom in Salerno Center
On Tuesday, June 10, members of the St. John Fisher College administration, Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff gathered to officially dedicate classroom 104 in the Salerno Center in memory of Nancy Lyons Evarts, wife of trustee, Dr. C. McCollister “Mac” Evarts.
President Bain and Vic Salerno ’66, Chairman of the Board, made remarks while Father Al Cylwicki provided a blessing. Evarts spoke fondly of his late wife, Nancy, who passed away in 2013. They met while he was in medical school at the University of Rochester and she was a nurse, practicing and teaching in the University’s School of Nursing. They were married for 58 years, and have three children and 11 grandchildren.
Dr. Evarts joined the College’s Board of Trustees in 2007. He has led a distinguished career in the medical field at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, and at Pennsylvania State University. Twenty years after graduating from the University of Rochester, he returned to head the Department of Orthopaedics. In 2003, he returned and was named Senior Vice President and Vice Provost for Health Affairs and CEO of the Medical Center.
President Bain spoke of Evarts’ dedication during his tenure on the board.
“I appreciate his insight, his wisdom, and certainly his generosity. As part of the Vision 2020 Campaign, Mac stepped up and made the leadership gift that we are honoring here today,” said Bain.
Latest College News Stories
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization