School of Business Dean Invites Eligible Students to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
The Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, Dr. David Martin, recently surprised 27 unsuspecting students with an impromptu invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of two days, visiting the classes with eligible students. In total, eight juniors, nine seniors, and 10 MBA students were invited to join Fisher’s BGS chapter this spring. BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
“These individuals have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to superior achievement. Beta Gamma Sigma will bring each member a lifetime of professional pride shared by our faculty and many other Rochester business community members who have earned this honor,” said Martin.
This was the second recognition for four of the MBA invitees who were formally inducted as undergraduate students. The top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA students are eligible.
“In the world we live in today, especially in the business environment, it is imperative to set yourself apart from the competition. In my opinion, BGS is a great way to do that,” said Amanda Scheutzow, BGS Student Liaison.
The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology