School of Business Dean Invites Eligible Students to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
The Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, Dr. David Martin, recently surprised 27 unsuspecting students with an impromptu invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of two days, visiting the classes with eligible students. In total, eight juniors, nine seniors, and 10 MBA students were invited to join Fisher’s BGS chapter this spring. BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
“These individuals have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to superior achievement. Beta Gamma Sigma will bring each member a lifetime of professional pride shared by our faculty and many other Rochester business community members who have earned this honor,” said Martin.
This was the second recognition for four of the MBA invitees who were formally inducted as undergraduate students. The top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA students are eligible.
“In the world we live in today, especially in the business environment, it is imperative to set yourself apart from the competition. In my opinion, BGS is a great way to do that,” said Amanda Scheutzow, BGS Student Liaison.
The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes