School of Business Dean Invites Eligible Students to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
The Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, Dr. David Martin, recently surprised 27 unsuspecting students with an impromptu invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of two days, visiting the classes with eligible students. In total, eight juniors, nine seniors, and 10 MBA students were invited to join Fisher’s BGS chapter this spring. BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
“These individuals have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to superior achievement. Beta Gamma Sigma will bring each member a lifetime of professional pride shared by our faculty and many other Rochester business community members who have earned this honor,” said Martin.
This was the second recognition for four of the MBA invitees who were formally inducted as undergraduate students. The top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA students are eligible.
“In the world we live in today, especially in the business environment, it is imperative to set yourself apart from the competition. In my opinion, BGS is a great way to do that,” said Amanda Scheutzow, BGS Student Liaison.
The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year