School of Business Dean Invites Eligible Students to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
The Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, Dr. David Martin, recently surprised 27 unsuspecting students with an impromptu invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of two days, visiting the classes with eligible students. In total, eight juniors, nine seniors, and 10 MBA students were invited to join Fisher’s BGS chapter this spring. BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
“These individuals have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to superior achievement. Beta Gamma Sigma will bring each member a lifetime of professional pride shared by our faculty and many other Rochester business community members who have earned this honor,” said Martin.
This was the second recognition for four of the MBA invitees who were formally inducted as undergraduate students. The top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA students are eligible.
“In the world we live in today, especially in the business environment, it is imperative to set yourself apart from the competition. In my opinion, BGS is a great way to do that,” said Amanda Scheutzow, BGS Student Liaison.
The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference