School of Business Dean Invites Eligible Students to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
The Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, Dr. David Martin, recently surprised 27 unsuspecting students with an impromptu invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of two days, visiting the classes with eligible students. In total, eight juniors, nine seniors, and 10 MBA students were invited to join Fisher’s BGS chapter this spring. BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
“These individuals have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to superior achievement. Beta Gamma Sigma will bring each member a lifetime of professional pride shared by our faculty and many other Rochester business community members who have earned this honor,” said Martin.
This was the second recognition for four of the MBA invitees who were formally inducted as undergraduate students. The top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA students are eligible.
“In the world we live in today, especially in the business environment, it is imperative to set yourself apart from the competition. In my opinion, BGS is a great way to do that,” said Amanda Scheutzow, BGS Student Liaison.
The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner