Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students