Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program