Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”