Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article