Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards