Wegmans School of Pharmacy Fills 95 Boxes of Supplies for Operation Christmas Child
In November, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy's student chapter of Christian Pharmacist Fellowship International (CPFI) assembled and shipped 95 shoeboxes full of gifts for children throughout the world. The boxes were filled with items donated by St. John Fisher College faculty, staff, students, and friends.
The collection was for a service project called "Operation Christmas Child." The project, started by Samaritan's Purse International Relief in 1993, delivers shoeboxes filled with toys, school items, and toiletries to children in some of the world's most destitute areas.
On November 18, approximately 25 student volunteers took time to help organize all of the donated supplies, and then fill, wrap, and label the boxes. In addition to all of the items donated, the pharmacy students also raised $139 that helped cover the cost of shipping the boxes.
Latest College News Stories
- Digital Cultures Student Show Opening Reception March 12
- Lavery Library Host to “The Irish and the American Civil War” Exhibit, Opening Ceremony March 15
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany