Wegmans School of Nursing Adds "Birthing Mother" Mannequin to Simulation Lab
Last month, the Wegmans School of Nursing received its newest simulation mannequin—a birthing mother. The mannequin, "Noelle," is a high-functioning robot that can simulate different health conditions, which in this case are all related to labor and giving birth.
Colleges and universities all over the country are increasingly using simulation mannequins to educate future healthcare professionals. At Fisher, the Wegmans School of Nursing has built state of the art simulation laboratories to benefit its students.
With the addition of Noelle, the School of Nursing now has four high-fidelity simulation mannequins, including an infant, and also four low-fidelity mannequins. (The low-fidelity mannequins can only simulate basic functions, like blood pressure, heart rate, etc.)
Using these simulation mannequins, nursing students here at the College are able to practice their critical thinking skills to assess the needs of a patient, and try different options for patient care. Students are exposed to critical situations through simulation, and the lessons learned are invaluable. This clinical laboratory training is built into the nursing curriculum.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards