Wegmans School of Nursing Adds "Birthing Mother" Mannequin to Simulation Lab
Last month, the Wegmans School of Nursing received its newest simulation mannequin—a birthing mother. The mannequin, "Noelle," is a high-functioning robot that can simulate different health conditions, which in this case are all related to labor and giving birth.
Colleges and universities all over the country are increasingly using simulation mannequins to educate future healthcare professionals. At Fisher, the Wegmans School of Nursing has built state of the art simulation laboratories to benefit its students.
With the addition of Noelle, the School of Nursing now has four high-fidelity simulation mannequins, including an infant, and also four low-fidelity mannequins. (The low-fidelity mannequins can only simulate basic functions, like blood pressure, heart rate, etc.)
Using these simulation mannequins, nursing students here at the College are able to practice their critical thinking skills to assess the needs of a patient, and try different options for patient care. Students are exposed to critical situations through simulation, and the lessons learned are invaluable. This clinical laboratory training is built into the nursing curriculum.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy