United Way Names Carzo and Martin as 2009 "Rising Stars"
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, who served as the St. John Fisher College coordinators for the United Way's 2009 LIVE UNITED campaign, are the recipients of a Rising Star Award. The award is given by the United Way to first-time coordinators who run outstanding campaigns within their organizations.
"On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff at the College, I congratulate Pam and Carolyn on a job very well done," said President Donald Bain. "Their leadership during the 2009 United Way campaign is gratefully recognized, and they are most certainly deserving of this award."
Carzo is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and Martin is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing. The pair volunteered to manage the United Way campaign, in addition to keeping up with their everyday responsibilities. Throughout the months of the campaign, the two worked tirelessly to bring in donations from Fisher faculty and staff. Their fundraising efforts included a silent auction, and the "SJFC Cookbook" that they organized, published, and sold.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner