United Way Names Carzo and Martin as 2009 "Rising Stars"
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, who served as the St. John Fisher College coordinators for the United Way's 2009 LIVE UNITED campaign, are the recipients of a Rising Star Award. The award is given by the United Way to first-time coordinators who run outstanding campaigns within their organizations.
"On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff at the College, I congratulate Pam and Carolyn on a job very well done," said President Donald Bain. "Their leadership during the 2009 United Way campaign is gratefully recognized, and they are most certainly deserving of this award."
Carzo is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and Martin is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing. The pair volunteered to manage the United Way campaign, in addition to keeping up with their everyday responsibilities. Throughout the months of the campaign, the two worked tirelessly to bring in donations from Fisher faculty and staff. Their fundraising efforts included a silent auction, and the "SJFC Cookbook" that they organized, published, and sold.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes