United Way Names Carzo and Martin as 2009 "Rising Stars"
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, who served as the St. John Fisher College coordinators for the United Way's 2009 LIVE UNITED campaign, are the recipients of a Rising Star Award. The award is given by the United Way to first-time coordinators who run outstanding campaigns within their organizations.
"On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff at the College, I congratulate Pam and Carolyn on a job very well done," said President Donald Bain. "Their leadership during the 2009 United Way campaign is gratefully recognized, and they are most certainly deserving of this award."
Carzo is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and Martin is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing. The pair volunteered to manage the United Way campaign, in addition to keeping up with their everyday responsibilities. Throughout the months of the campaign, the two worked tirelessly to bring in donations from Fisher faculty and staff. Their fundraising efforts included a silent auction, and the "SJFC Cookbook" that they organized, published, and sold.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students