United Way Names Carzo and Martin as 2009 "Rising Stars"
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, who served as the St. John Fisher College coordinators for the United Way's 2009 LIVE UNITED campaign, are the recipients of a Rising Star Award. The award is given by the United Way to first-time coordinators who run outstanding campaigns within their organizations.
"On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff at the College, I congratulate Pam and Carolyn on a job very well done," said President Donald Bain. "Their leadership during the 2009 United Way campaign is gratefully recognized, and they are most certainly deserving of this award."
Carzo is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and Martin is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing. The pair volunteered to manage the United Way campaign, in addition to keeping up with their everyday responsibilities. Throughout the months of the campaign, the two worked tirelessly to bring in donations from Fisher faculty and staff. Their fundraising efforts included a silent auction, and the "SJFC Cookbook" that they organized, published, and sold.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship