United Way Names Carzo and Martin as 2009 "Rising Stars"
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, who served as the St. John Fisher College coordinators for the United Way's 2009 LIVE UNITED campaign, are the recipients of a Rising Star Award. The award is given by the United Way to first-time coordinators who run outstanding campaigns within their organizations.
"On behalf of the administration, faculty, and staff at the College, I congratulate Pam and Carolyn on a job very well done," said President Donald Bain. "Their leadership during the 2009 United Way campaign is gratefully recognized, and they are most certainly deserving of this award."
Carzo is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and Martin is Assistant to the Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing. The pair volunteered to manage the United Way campaign, in addition to keeping up with their everyday responsibilities. Throughout the months of the campaign, the two worked tirelessly to bring in donations from Fisher faculty and staff. Their fundraising efforts included a silent auction, and the "SJFC Cookbook" that they organized, published, and sold.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team