Thomas Bonadio '71 is Small Business Council's 2009 Business Person of the Year
The Small Business Council of Rochester, an affiliate of the Rochester Business Alliance, has named Thomas Bonadio '71 as its 2009 Business Person of the Year. Bonadio, who was chosen from a pool of seven finalists, received the award at the Small Business Council Gala Luncheon on October 14.
Bonadio is Founder and Managing Partner of The Bonadio Group. He graduated from St. John Fisher College with a bachelor's degree in accounting in 1971, and has been a trustee of the College since 1998. Bonadio served as Chair of the Board at Fisher from 2001 to 2004, and is currently an honorary trustee. In 2004, he received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the College.
Bonadio has kept active in the campus community as Chairman of the College's Accounting Advisory Board, and has been named the "Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year." He also serves on the St. John Fisher College Alumni Activities Committee, and is a member of the Bittner School of Business Speaker's Bureau.
Since its inception in 1978, The Bonadio Group has grown to be the largest independent provider of accounting, business advisory, and financial services in Upstate New York.
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule