Thomas Bonadio '71 is Small Business Council's 2009 Business Person of the Year
The Small Business Council of Rochester, an affiliate of the Rochester Business Alliance, has named Thomas Bonadio '71 as its 2009 Business Person of the Year. Bonadio, who was chosen from a pool of seven finalists, received the award at the Small Business Council Gala Luncheon on October 14.
Bonadio is Founder and Managing Partner of The Bonadio Group. He graduated from St. John Fisher College with a bachelor's degree in accounting in 1971, and has been a trustee of the College since 1998. Bonadio served as Chair of the Board at Fisher from 2001 to 2004, and is currently an honorary trustee. In 2004, he received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the College.
Bonadio has kept active in the campus community as Chairman of the College's Accounting Advisory Board, and has been named the "Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year." He also serves on the St. John Fisher College Alumni Activities Committee, and is a member of the Bittner School of Business Speaker's Bureau.
Since its inception in 1978, The Bonadio Group has grown to be the largest independent provider of accounting, business advisory, and financial services in Upstate New York.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship